Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TUNING vs. Hard Parts vs. BOTH vs. Smog Testing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
    "THIS is gonna get GOOD!".
    Red's just a....well everybody knows Red by now. But I for sure still love cranking that car in the garage - Arr-rrarrr-rarr...WHOOM! That's still a thrill every time. Even still. Just a simple pleasure but a great one. It makes me smile.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

If you're going to pay someone to put them on get long tubes. I don't know how much power they will pick up 20-30? Got to be worth at least 2-3 mph
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
        If you're going to pay someone to put them on get long tubes. I don't know how much power they will pick up 20-30? Got to be worth at least 2-3 mph
        All we ever needed was a tailwind to see 150. The gear change is perhaps a fool's venture, but it's fun. We'll see. It's all fun. A huge amount of fun. If it wasn't so much fun none of us would do it.

Comment

My intention steering my advice was to make 5th gear more usable in daily use and as a possible path to the century and a half mark....if nothing else she will pull a lot harder in all of the gears and a ball to drive!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I'm still campaigning for lakes plugs. What could be more LSR than lakes plugs?
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
              My intention steering my advice was to make 5th gear more usable in daily use and as a possible path to the century and a half mark....if nothing else she will pull a lot harder in all of the gears and a ball to drive!
              Yessir, and thanks again for the advice. Far more better on the highway. And.....???? on the track. We'll see. It's gonna happen, both ends of it - the fix and then the race.

Comment

I'm still campaigning for lakes plugs. What could be more LSR than lakes plugs?
                What are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

What are you talking about?
                  Lakes pipes, lake plug..... An exhaust pipe to the side of the car with a cap on it It got it's name from dry lakes racing. Usually part of side pipes, but you wouldn't need all that. Cooler than electric cutouts. I've been suggesting some way to unmuffle Red for two or three threads here. No rules on mufflers or not at ECTA, right? Almost FREE horsepower.....
                  My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                    Ya know what Patrick......tonight I'm all idealistic and all, and......bear in mind I might die tomorrow.....but I can't even see how some folks can be so greedy, so selfish,and I'm talking about ME specifically. So I'm going down an airport runway at 144 MPH and put the "race car" in 5th gear. And right then, I go into the "AWWWWWW shit" mode. This is all of a sudden real boring, it's not pulling anymore. It feels like it's slowing down because it's not speeding up as much as it was before. I just have to live out that last quarter of a mile waiting to put on the brakes.

I mean, go downtown and tell that story and see who has any sympathy on you. I wouldn't, I wouldn't want to hear it, not told that way.

Comment

IDK about the greedy or selfish part.... I try to see the better side of people,and, I don't believe you are either, as I think either require taking advantage of others....I would more so think of you as driven and passionate about your endeavors with driving, always keeping in mind that you do have limitations, whether they be Red's mechanical, or, Yours, financial or experience wise.... you are wise to seek advice,but, make sure that you consider consequences that may occur because of your decisions.... age and experience teach us that....and I am sure I do not need to mention it, you sit back, and ask Sue Unit if your thinking is correct before jumping into an unknown territory....
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Lakes pipes, lake plug..... An exhaust pipe to the side of the car with a cap on it It got it's name from dry lakes racing. Usually part of side pipes, but you wouldn't need all that. Cooler than electric cutouts. I've been suggesting some way to unmuffle Red for two or three threads here. No rules on mufflers or not at ECTA, right? Almost FREE horsepower.....
                        "Free" is never free. Superman took me for a ride in his Vette with the cutouts open. I don't get it. I HAVE to wear earplugs cutting the grass. I even put earplugs in when I'm hitting a spot in the house with the vacuum cleaner. All folks are designed differently but this guy over here can't stand loud noise. Never could. when I eventually end up losing all of my hearing from age alone, I'll still hate loud noise.

Comment

"144 mph".....does'nt Red need a rollcage ?

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
                            Shhhhhhhhhhh.........(look the other way).......shhhhhhhhh.......Steve Strupp himself overruled the inspector, he cleared Red to go 185. Which is ridiculously out of the realm of reality. The rules have changed under the new government, much to the better.

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
                              Okay, I apologize malc, that was too short of a story. Here's the deal, at least as I think I understand it. In 2009 the American car standards required lots of overhead (rollover) protection, mandatory. so all of the newer cars have a roll cage, but you just can't see it from looking at it.

The inspector initially rejected Red, he said "I can't let you go over 135 without a roll cage." But I had the rule book in my hand....but look at THIS. The new rule about newer cars. It was a standoff, folks were waiting in line behind Red, but they didn't care, they were all on vacation in a great place to have fun, too.

The inspector was pretty cool about it, he was as confused as I was. He wanted to do whatever was "right." It was only luck, PURE luck, circumstance, the grace of the racing gods, Steve Strupp showed up on the scene, he'd been somewhere else on the grounds, but now he was back. Steve asked me about the car - I said from 2005 through 2009 they stamped these Mustangs out like candy, all identical. I was hugely surprised, that's all Steve needed to hear, and that was a short conversation after all of that.

The critical factor was the model year 2009. If Ford didn't change the body style in 2009, that meant that the car already had compliant rollover protection built into it. They had to be compliant in 2009. ***WHEW****

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                                Steve Strupp himself .. cleared Red to go 185.
                                Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X