Project Mustang Consolidation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Mustang Consolidation

I have been looking for drag rollers on and off for a while now. This morning I saw one that peaked my interest just down the road. I like what I saw so I put a deposit down. If all goes well I will pick it up tomorrow. The plan is to use the drive train and wiring harness / ecu from the 89, and other parts I have on hand to minimise the cost.

CL ad: 87 Mustang notch back stock suspension car with title

I am selling an 87 Mustang coupe trunk car it has fairly new paint on it .it is a rolling chassis less motor and trans set up for small block Ford and c4 transmission. this car has run 590 in the 8th already it's got a nice roll cage and real nice interior in it aftermarket lower control arms and tubular K member it has weld draglite wheels with 275 drag radial on the back Moser axles full with 410 gears 8.8 rear frame connectors and a polished aluminum wing on the back I have a clear title in hand give me a call or text

I will post pictures once it is home. Let the bench builds begin!

UPDATE 9/22/15

The story: I found myself with three project cars, three drivers, a house, yard, wife, toddler, and a full time job. For some reason I felt spread thin and very little was happening with my project cars and they were all at the point where would require a good bit of money to move forward.

1989 Mustang LX 5.0 5 speed: I bought this car in 2004 and it was my DD for years. I used it for TNT and standing mile. After a few trips to The Maxton Mile the valve springs gave up and it would not turn over 4k rpms. I refreshed a GT40P motor and dropped it in. The new motor went 140 in the mile, its needs a cage. I put Drag Radials on it and broke the stock axle so now it needs a built rear. It’s been hit a couple times and the paint is shot.

1979 Mercury Capri: I bought this car so I could go after a Classic record at Maxton. When I got it had a 2bbl 302 C4 2.47 open 7.5. I replaced the engine with a 4bbl E303 camed GT40P out of a Mountaineer and put a T5 behind it. I was not able to get the bugs out at Maxton and the record I was shooting for got bumped way up. I took it to Ohio and closed three open records, and went a best of 143 mph. Now I am above my tech limit so I put a 3.73 8.8 and took it to the ¼ it ran mid to high 13’s. The fuel pump sprung a leak and I was growing tired of its trailer queen status. So it’s parked out on the farm waiting to be parted out / sold.

1998 Mustang GT: I have always wanted to get into flipping cars this was my first attempt I found a ruff mustang that need a transmission, some body work and a complete paint job. I replaced the T45 with a used one. Worked on the big dents. Put some used tires on it, some mufflers and was going to let my wife DD it that’s when I found out the rear bearings were shot, overhauled the rear axle. I wanted to paint it but didn’t think it was going to be a good return on investment so I finally sold it for about what I had in it.

I was looking for Foxbodies with roll bars already installed in good condition with a title. It seemed like they all were very far away, no title, very ruff, or very expensive. I found this 1987 LX coupe in the next county over, and had to have it. The sale of the 98 paid for most of purchase price. The plan is for the 89 to be a major donor. Dad said he wanted the Capri engine, I sure I will need a spare T5 and the rest will sooner or later get sold off to fund either safety or go fast parts.

Automotive ADD strikes again. I was given a offer I could not refuse on a 1979 Mercury Capri. Dad and I took my car trailer and tried our the new atv winch it work

Last edited by Russell; September 22, 2015, 09:12 AM.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

LS, turbo, glory.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

820" Kaase ...

I'm still a big fan of BBR's formula. Big motor, little truck. Errr. Little car.

what class are you wanting to run in?

Oh, back in the real world, I re-read it. Holset HX35 your 302...
      Last edited by Beagle; January 25, 2015, 07:32 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Seems like a great way to go for you. Let me know if you need a hand.

Dan

Comment

Seems like a great way to go for you. Let me know if you need a hand.

Dan

Comment

SBG. I will be glad to run a turbo LS you buying? Throw in a beefed up T56 while you are at it. Beagle that Kaase engine Maybe more than the car can handle, but if you send me one I will make it work

Dan I am sure there is plenty to do! It would be great to have you come help.

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Picture for you visual people I say its a good 15 footer!

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

I can send you some links for an HX35 .. they're free. The links are, that is.

Looks like a good drag car. Need a lot of HP to back up that wing!

Comment

Turbo 4 from a wrecked SVO
                  Stew K.

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2 L6 Stock DD
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Adopt-A-Whale
                  1988 Chevrolet R30 Custom Deluxe L05 3L80 C&C
                  1974 Chevrolet Corvette 350/TH400 (Garage Art)

Comment

Looks like a great starting point since you a suitable powerplant ready to go. Let someone else spend the bucks on the goodies, then buy the package at a reduced cost!

cheers
                    Ed
                    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

TURBO 4!!!
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

If Bob wants to send me one of his 300+ HP turbo 4 I might go for it but unless I get a sponsor its getting a motor trans combo that's on hand. Once the funds recover I would love to turbo the 5.0, but right now the car fund is in the whole until I sell some stuff.

Beagle what do you mean? You don't think my 250 ish HP p motor does the wing justice? I typically like sleepers better so I would have kept it a factory color, flat hood, no wing. I am looking forward to not having to worry about stock cclip axles. I am betting I can drop a second with the lighter car and gears. I also have a higher amp alt and electric fan that never made it on the other cars.

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

How 'bout a 250CID inline six? Not a practical swap but I have several.

As far as a work day - get stuff ready and I'll be there. Let me know if you need me to bring tools or something.

Dan

Comment

That's a clean looking little notch. Nice score....keep those pictures coming!
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                              If Bob wants to send me one of his 300+ HP turbo 4 I might go for it but unless I get a sponsor its getting a motor trans combo that's on hand. Once the funds recover I would love to turbo the 5.0, but right now the car fund is in the whole until I sell some stuff.

Beagle what do you mean? You don't think my 250 ish HP p motor does the wing justice? I typically like sleepers better so I would have kept it a factory color, flat hood, no wing. I am looking forward to not having to worry about stock cclip axles. I am betting I can drop a second with the lighter car and gears. I also have a higher amp alt and electric fan that never made it on the other cars.
                              it'll make a great place to put pizza...

Comment

Working...
                              X