Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tech questions and pre-approvals from Hot Rod - can we get answers before 9/7/14?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech questions and pre-approvals from Hot Rod - can we get answers before 9/7/14?

I submitted a couple of questions via e-mail and a PM here on BS about a month ago and nothing, nada, zip.

So Keith, Mike, David, Brian, David, Elena: What do we have to do to get a timely answer? This is a problem every year and a lot of money and effort rides on these questions.

Well?
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Your way ahead of the rest of us
    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
      I submitted a couple of questions via e-mail and a PM here on BS about a month ago and nothing, nada, zip.

So Keith, Mike, David, Brian, David, Elena: What do we have to do to get a timely answer? This is a problem every year and a lot of money and effort rides on these questions.

Well?
      Ditto - especially the money and effort that hangs in the balance.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

By money and effort I meant everybody's money and effort, not just my feeble attempts. And, I ask early because I work slow and learn even more so.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Crickets every year.
          Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

Maybe we need to rattle their cage via FB....
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by poison gas View Post
              Crickets every year.
              ^^ this ^^ I submitted the same question 3 different times last year with no answer. Finally gave up
              DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
              DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
              DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
              DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

When I got to the tech line at Tulsa in '12 DF stepped up and apologized for not answering my Drag Radial questions until the night before. I appreciated the sentiment, but I do think they can do better given the express inviatation in the rules to ask questions and submit pictures ahead of time. Better to tell us tough luck than invite the inquiries and remain silent.

Well?

Comment

I would speculate that a lot of it has to do with Hot Rod doesn't want cars built specifically for classes. The rules are laid out do your best impression of Smokey Yunick and hope that you don't take it too far or lube your palms up good like Eddie Miller did.

Comment

oh hell... the EM quotient. No accounting for that far as I can tell.

The tire question Bill posted is a couple of years old now and I Still don't know the answer specifically.

A picture of the go-no go stick with a Harbor Freight tape measure showing the gage would have satisfied me. Any idiot (like me) can afford to go through the blue coupon pack and get a free Harbor Freight tape measure.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I got to hold the go-no go stick for a minute last year. Don't joke about taking a file to it.
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

In 2011 when the magazine came out telling us where it was going to take place, I went online to read the rules and it said gasser class limited to 1937 to 1967 cars. My 1930 didnt qualify. I emailed (with a pic) hotrod and DF asking if that was set in concrete. I waited 2 weeks and decided to register my car as a gasser anyway. I never got a response or rejection email, so I took it to Heartland not knowing if they would let me run it. I know I could have run DD, but that wasnt what I wanted to do with my gasser. I got all the way up to tech before seeing DF and asked him if I could run it in the class and he said "Oh yea, not a problem". DOH!!!
                        Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

Originally posted by 62Duece View Post
                          I would speculate that a lot of it has to do with Hot Rod doesn't want cars built specifically for classes. The rules are laid out do your best impression of Smokey Yunick and hope that you don't take it too far or lube your palms up good like Eddie Miller did.
                          nope, they just get behind on everything.. I bet they get a overwhelming amount of emails-texts-FB posts to sort out.
                          used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Whalen View Post
                            nope, they just get behind on everything.. I bet they get a overwhelming amount of emails-texts-FB posts to sort out.
                            Was thinking the same thing. We focus on Drag Week, they have stuff going on all year PLUS have to write articles. Not to mention that Power Tour thing going on.
                            Hope for the best and plan for the worst.
                            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
                              Was thinking the same thing. We focus on Drag Week, they have stuff going on all year PLUS have to write articles. Not to mention that Power Tour thing going on.
                              Hope for the best and plan for the worst.
                              Lots of folks get your daily job plus a couple hundred emails a day to filter through and have to reply to fifty. It's easy to miss one, but there's a specific mailbox for the race director. I'd say don't publish that address and say it's for questions if you don't resources to answer them. An unmonitored alias will build up so much crap so quick that it will get ignored forever = not good form.

It's the plan for the worst part that sucks... you can't plan if you can't get an answer. I imagine it frustrates the shit out of a lot of people.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X