No announcement yet.

X Pursuit 1987 Mustang Drag and LSR Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for the heads up Bob, better to know now. To be honest I hadn't looked at their rules yet. I have approval for the minitub from the SCTA for my class, Gas Coupe which is Production with an engine swap and a front air dam, but I hadn't gotten very far on the road race ideas. I may have to look at something or somewhere else for that kind of venue. My frame rails will not be cut nearly as much as the Team Z pictures but I do have to trim them a little.
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• lots of great progress Bill, keep at it...the clock is ticking
      Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

• The big box from Afco will arrive any day and that along with the Wolfe 25.5A subframe connectors I'm in process of installing and the Wolfe cage which is also on it's way and I may may actually have a roller in a few weeks. All that will remain then is putting the wiring back in, plumbing and building the headers. Im cheating on the headers by using Afco collectors and Hedman pre welded flanges with stubs. My thanks to Tim Flanders for helping me figure out the headers.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by CDMBill; April 7, 2014, 09:01 PM.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• This is a very cool build . I was just thinking ( and no it didn't hurt ) , you know how you would love to build so many different types of cars , street , drag , LSR , track , etc .... you can do that here at BS . Live through others and still dream of your next build . Thanks guys
          Last edited by langleylad; April 2, 2014, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
            Im cheating on the headers by suing Afco collectors and Hedman pre welded flanges with stubs.
            I dont think that is cheating at all. If you use anything other than just a torch and a hammer you are building headers, I dont care what you start with! I would love to see how you make this happen. Building my own long tubes is near the bottom of the long list of things I want to do some day. I have no desire to make header collectors. I might try to make my own flanges. I have access to a plasma-cam
            Last edited by Russell; April 3, 2014, 10:40 AM.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• The collectors are a PITA when building a set on the car. About a million in's and out's while cutting and tacking. They will be three-step headers based on a PipeMax calculation based on my 588" build which we dyne tuned and then the updates for the 598". The step header construction is easier than managaging a ton of butt welds.

Comment

• I've tried (yes tried) building headers, simple upsweep straight up.. Even the 4 in a row s a pain..to build a set for a car like this.....gots to be a pain ;)) awaiting to see how they come together!

Comment

• Ok, give it up, we are jonesin' for some updates!
                  Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                  1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                  1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                  1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                  1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                  1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

• Originally posted by BBR View Post
                    Ok, give it up, we are jonesin' for some updates!
                    He's pulling a "Rip Van Winkle" under the cherry tree!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                      He's pulling a "Rip Van Winkle" under the cherry tree!
                      you lost me Bob ????

Comment

• Ok sorry. Lot's of other things getting in the way of posting here. So this week the new rear shocks, K-Member, A-Arms, parts, collectors for the headers and some other stuff all arrived and I'm beginning to get this stuff on the car. Menawhile a lot of prep cutting and grinding and fab for the radiator, oil and trans coolers as well as getting the firewall cleaned up for the the Baer manual brake set-up. The brake pieces are pre-production prototypes. This picture shows the rear shocks, the adjustable strut plates and the K-member engine mounts. I'm looking at both the engine/block plate set-up and the AFCO mounts at this point to see which will work better. The exhaust e.g. headers will take up a lot of space.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by CDMBill; May 4, 2014, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                          you lost me Bob ????
                          The story of Rip Van Winkle is set in the years before and after the American Revolutionary War. In a pleasant village, at the foot of New York's Catskill Mountains, lives kindly Rip Van Winkle, a colonial British-American villager of Dutch ancestry. Van Winkle enjoys solitary activities in the wilderness, but he is also loved by all in town—especially the children to whom he tells stories and gives toys. However, he tends to shirk hard work, to his nagging wife's dismay, which has caused his home and farm to fall into disarray. One winter day, to escape his wife's nagging, Van Winkle wanders up the mountains with his dog, Wolf. Hearing his name called out, Rip sees a man wearing antiquated Dutch clothing; he is carrying a keg up the mountain and requires help. Together, they proceed to a hollow in which Rip discovers the source of thunderous noises. A group of ornately-dressed, silent, bearded men who are playing nine-pins. Rip does not ask who they are or how they know his name. Instead, he begins to drink some of their moonshine and soon falls asleep. He awakes to discover shocking changes. His musket is rotting and rusty, his beard is a foot long, and his dog is nowhere to be found. Van Winkle returns to his village where he recognizes no one. He discovers that his wife has died and that his close friends have fallen in a war or moved away. He gets into trouble when he proclaims himself a loyal subject of King George III, not aware that the American Revolution has taken place. King George's portrait in the inn has been replaced with one of George Washington. Rip Van Winkle is also disturbed to find another man called Rip Van Winkle. It is his son, now grown up. Rip Van Winkle learns the men he met in the mountains are rumored to be the ghosts of Hendrick (Henry) Hudson's crew, which had vanished long ago. Rip learns he has been away from the village for at least twenty years. However, an old resident recognizes him and Rip's grown daughter takes him in. He resumes his usual idleness, and his strange tale is solemnly taken to heart by the Dutch settlers. Other hen-pecked men wish they could have shares in Rip's good luck and had the luxury of sleeping through the hardships of American Revolution.....

Comment

• Let's try again. New rear shocks. Camber Caster Plates, convetional mount for k-member, front springs for struts.
                            Last edited by CDMBill; May 4, 2014, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• The K-member itself and the tubular control arms witht the conventional mounts in place to show where they may go if I don't use the block plate and mid-plate. Knock wood this will all be in the car today so I can begin to build the headers and figure out the oil pan mods.

Comment

• Bill, didn't mean to imply you were slacking.. I totally get being into something that posting becomes unimportant.. When do you want this done by? This year's power tour?

Comment

Working...
                                X