No announcement yet.

Langleylads 68 Cougar project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking good! I get frustrated with my car as far as progress. I'm not home during the week. On the weekend it's usually honey do stuff. Important stuff like changing the cat litter boxes. I thought about taking my car to my brother's place, that way I could work on it. The problem there is parking.

If you haven't done the rear suspension, check the 3 link from Street or Track. They have a great reputation with the Vintage Mustang guys. I think they were working on a Cougar version. You can even get a floating axle set up.

Replace your heavy, non-adjustable leaf springs and transform the ride and handling of your 65-73 Mustang!
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
      Looking good! I get frustrated with my car as far as progress. I'm not home during the week. On the weekend it's usually honey do stuff. Important stuff like changing the cat litter boxes. I thought about taking my car to my brother's place, that way I could work on it. The problem there is parking.

If you haven't done the rear suspension, check the 3 link from Street or Track. They have a great reputation with the Vintage Mustang guys. I think they were working on a Cougar version. You can even get a floating axle set up.

http://www.streetortrack.com/Street-...-pr-24572.html
      I hear you brother , life always seems to get in the way . It has warmed up a bit in the garage so I'm able to get some work done . The low Canadian dollar has slowed my build down a little as well ........... No, that's a lie I'm still spending . I just have to shop around and find the best pricing.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0685_zpss0culhbp.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	1096205
        You can see where I'm going with this .

Comment

Name:	IMG_0701_zps95fj2hem.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	1099335 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0700_zpskg4l1mcy.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	1099324
          I bolted the engine & trans back in this weekend so that I could figure out where to cut out two 2 1/4" holes in my smoothed firewall . One for the engine harness and one for the trans & DBW harnesses. I've also come to the realization that these Kooks headers hang to low for my liking . Even after I went to all the work of modifying them to clear the steering shaft , they're just not going to work . It was a gamble from the start that they would work , sometimes you just have to bite the bullet . At least they'll look good hanging on the shop wall , I'm looking at a pair of shorty/mid length units that should do the trick (fingers crossed .... again).
          Last edited by langleylad; April 24, 2016, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Just a thought on the headers: Early Hemi cars (like my buddy's A990 car) had a collector that had all 4 pipes coming into the collector flat. So like 0000. I'll guess that these don't scavange quite as well but they make for a ton more road clearance. No idea of anyone makes such a thing for your application but it's a thought. And of course you could modify a set (like the Kooks maybe) to a flat style collector which would probably be easier than starting from scratch.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              Just a thought on the headers: Early Hemi cars (like my buddy's A990 car) had a collector that had all 4 pipes coming into the collector flat. So like 0000. I'll guess that these don't scavange quite as well but they make for a ton more road clearance. No idea of anyone makes such a thing for your application but it's a thought. And of course you could modify a set (like the Kooks maybe) to a flat style collector which would probably be easier than starting from scratch.

Dan
              Hooker super comp headers for a 351 Cleveland / Fox swap have flat collectors like that.
              Last edited by Beagle; April 25, 2016, 06:46 AM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post

Hooker super comp headers for a 351 Cleveland / Fox swap have flat collectors like that.
                I wonder if Hooker sells that flat collector separately? That and the exhaust adaptor would make the modification pretty straightforward.

Dan

Comment

• TriYs!
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• Thanks gentlemen for your input

Comment

• Looking good!
                      1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                      1997 Mustang GT
                      sigpic

Comment

Name:	IMG_0696_zps5feuzqaz.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	1100376 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0704_zpsudcod45u.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1100377

Some interior bodywork got done today . I've fabricated AC vent housings in the lower corners of the dash and also smoothed the dash where the ashtray was . I had to fabricate a perch for the DSE wiper switch , just above the driver side AC duct . I've also noticed some areas where my shade tree bodywork is not quite to my liking . Bodywork never ends , tears .......

Comment

• With today's "bodymen", you are practically a master coachman... don't be so hard on yourself...
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Here's a link I thought you may be interested in. This guy is putting a LS into a 67 Mustang. He was originally posting on the VMF but I think a lot of guys were giving him a lot of crap about a LS into a Ford. He's apparently been active on this forum, here's the link. http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/8...x-1967-Mustang
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                              Here's a link I thought you may be interested in. This guy is putting a LS into a 67 Mustang. He was originally posting on the VMF but I think a lot of guys were giving him a lot of crap about a LS into a Ford. He's apparently been active on this forum, here's the link. http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/8...x-1967-Mustang
                              Thanks Tom , I hang around pro-touring.com as well and have read his story . As they say" haters are going to hate " , How many 32 Fords have you seen with SBC's ? it's been done before .

Comment

• repeatedly... McMullen ring a bell? Click image for larger version

Name:	037-tom-mcmullen-roadster-hot-rod-magazine-cover.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	1100976
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X