05 Mustang Drag Week Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 Mustang Drag Week Project

On labor day weekend on 2008 there was a Yellow Mustang GT sitting used on a Ford dealers lot that had been there a year, at the same time a man ready to burn a 63 Fairlane to the ground because it was clearly not going to be ready for drag week and was looking for a easy way out. As Sara Palin was brought into pop culture in America the paper work was finished, a large warrenty was offered and denied. The following tuesday a cold air kit, mail order tune, shifter and exhuast were ordered and put on friday. Then sunday off to drag week. A best of 13:10. Since then a ProCharger has been added (a result of a Drag Week/BangShift friendship), the car came to life with the Procharger the same night president Oboma was elected. Shortly after the first motor said goodby, a result of the wrong blower pulley. A junk yard dog motor went in and with tunning from Don Walsh Jr. made 470 whp @10 psi of boost. The car ran 12:30's until this motor exspired in fall of 2010.
    Attached Files

A new goal of running power adder small block in Drag Week 2011, a new motor based on a Ford Racing big bore block and Eagle stroker crank. Livernoise stage 3 cnc ported heads, comp blower cams along with with a increase in boost to 16 psi hope to make 600+ whp. A new automatic trans is on the way from FB trans. The goal is to 1) finish drag week 2) run 10:50 or better e.t.'s

Comment

looking forward seeing this project.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

So am I. How the hell are you keeping an automatic behind that thing? They barely live behind slightly warmed stockers...ask me how I know.....
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Remy, your avatar scares me. I don't want to "Take it from Bob" ... seems like Bob got a little bigger, he's trying to get everyone to "Take it"

Shawn, I like your goal. Make it to the end of the week sounds good. Grin. Good luck with it, keep us posted!
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
            Remy, your avatar scares me. I don't want to "Take it from Bob" ... seems like Bob got a little bigger, he's trying to get everyone to "Take it"
            You just made my morning.
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

The trans is FB trans they said it is good to 900hp. There is a pro street camaro on drag week running the same trans trouble free. I have had some bad times with aods 3 of them in my tbird have faith in this thing

Comment

Here are some picks of the engine before assemble
                Attached Files

Comment

This weekend should be big progress, long block is now together (engine would be done but I did not have a valve spring compresor to put in cam followers). I now have a deadline of Aug. 22 to get car ready for tunning. I will post more pics this weekend.

Comment

Does it have a cage?
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

I have planned on adding a 6 point bolt in but time is running out, may be restricted to 11:50 if I don't have it in by drag week. I may run lower boost than planned for this year also.

Comment

After way too much time away from it I am getting back to the Mustang this week, when it was clear it would not make drag week I spent my time and money on my fairlane. Since drag week I have been too busy to work on the car. I took the engine to Livernoise and they are finishing it up. At the end of last week I ordered, BMR K meber, A arms (with heim joint ends) springs, stange struts, and dark star front runners. I will post pics in the coming day of the progress.

Comment

Glad to see you're back on this thing Shawn. Though I really like the Fairlane, I wanna see what this new combo does on the track. Good luck getting it all together and don't forget all the new safety requirements you'll be 'running' into as you forge ahead to faster ET's.
                          Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Get after it man, dont wait till the last minute
                            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

K member and suspention parts still not here, but picked up the engine at Livernoise yesterday! I am pretty excited it is starting to come together

Comment

Working...
                              X