Luxury Panther

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russell View Post
    I would like a good set of rotors that will not warp easily. I do a lot of interstate driving so quick deceleration from 75 -35 to make the off ramp. I would like some pads that don't make to much dust.

I

Once you find some, let me know. I am still looking for them.

Comment

I've found for heavy vehicles it's best to run a really high quality, hard rotor and a softer OEM type pad. You just can't avoid dust.

Comment

Originally posted by hauen View Post
        I've found for heavy vehicles it's best to run a really high quality, hard rotor and a softer OEM type pad. You just can't avoid dust.
        So how do you tell when a hard rotor from a soft one? I can go to Ford and get the pads or look for ones that says something about OEM specs?
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Russell, I know I volunteered to work on it after I got through with Red's blower project, but I'm taking that offer back.
          Lol, no problem it's an easy fix needs a new relay they are $15-20 I am being cheap and might get a used one off ebay.

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

how do you tell when a hard rotor from a soft one
            Sometimes you get lucky and it will outright say it, but usually you have to do some researching and call the company's tech support line, to save myself the headache now I just buy EBC premium dimpled and slotted rotors. Most OEM pads and the "budget" replacements are pretty soft, the exception being ceramic pads.

There's so much out there written by people a lot smarter than me about it and you can easily kill a day looking it all up. On my Land Rovers (~5000#) after trial and error and replacing brakes every year, I finally settled on EBC rotors and Lockheed OEM pads, but I'm sure a cheapy pad with any high quality rotor is going to make you happy...except for the dust!

Comment

I have seen some that say fleet / police spec. That might be the trick for the rotors then a pick something else for the pads.
              Last edited by Russell; March 13, 2017, 08:09 PM.

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Fun story: Elliott and I were on the way home from work / school. In front of me was a late model red mustang traveling rather slow. As you cross the rail road tracks the left turn lane goes from single left to dual lefts. The mustang was driving down the middle of them and I could see the last car in front was about to enter the intersection, I knew the signal was about to gap out and go yellow. I said very nicely pick a lane! The mustang went left, I went right. As soon as I had a clear shot, WOT! As the Lincoln Town Car blew the doors off mustang I glanced left and there was a blue hair behind the wheel! I just laughed as I when under the yellow and Elliott said Daddy's car is a race car! Blue hair caught the red and had to wait for the next cycle.

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

One of the special needs kids at Jennifer's school threw a rock and knocked out the passenger side door glass on the tailblazer. She made it sound like getting money out of the family was about as likely as blood from a turnip, and I don't want to put it on my insurance so I got one from the you pill it. While I was there I picked up a small relay to replace the one I took for the AC. $0.25 score, and I checked out the lincolns someone had pulled the fuel tank out of one and they were nice enough to put the aftermarket coil springs in the trunk. I had been planning on replacing the air bags with new ones, well with two in daycare it's a better idea to go with the $30 JY springs. I will put them in inventory and add it to the list. Right now they just leak down over night. New rotors and pads are way higher on the list.

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                    Fun story: Elliott and I were on the way home from work / school. In front of me was a late model red mustang traveling rather slow. As you cross the rail road tracks the left turn lane goes from single left to dual lefts. The mustang was driving down the middle of them and I could see the last car in front was about to enter the intersection, I knew the signal was about to gap out and go yellow. I said very nicely pick a lane! The mustang went left, I went right. As soon as I had a clear shot, WOT! As the Lincoln Town Car blew the doors off mustang I glanced left and there was a blue hair behind the wheel! I just laughed as I when under the yellow and Elliott said Daddy's car is a race car! Blue hair caught the red and had to wait for the next cycle.
                    You and grandma were in each others cars ! Well , at least sterotypically !
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
                      Russell, that was me in the Mustang, we were all the way there on a joyride and I saw what happened quite clearly. And my hair is NOT blue. And to be true, the traffic light was quite ORANGE when you went through it. Yellow is warning, red means STOP.

You ran it....HAHAHAHAhaahahAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Good try Pdub, it was a 2010+ mustang I am pretty sure a V6 car and I know it didn't have blown whine!

Light was yellow!

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

• Little less luxury tonight. The rear air bags have been leaking down. More often but had been fine while driving. Last Saturday I drove home on the bump stops. Put it on jack stands looked around the bags had some cracks. To night I pulled the bags a put it some springs I got out of a town car in the junk yard. I can feel the bumps more than before. I didn't change the shocks. Are shocks for springs softer than shocks for air bags?

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

• not on land rovers or h2 hummers. Is it possible that you bent or broke a shock when going home on your bumpstops?
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 8, 2017, 07:05 AM.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Shocks are the same no matter if air suspension or not.

Comment

• I suspect it will ride rougher than the it did with the bags or what would be the point other than to keep it level I guess . Maybe take a ride in a crown vic on a used car lot to compare the ride . You could find a intercepter for worst case and a civilian for best .
                                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                                X