Ohio Mile First Timers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio Mile First Timers

My father and I have been kicking around the idea of the May meet in Ohio. Whats a rookie need to know about the trip itself? The ECTA site is pretty good on registration for the event itself. Lodging? Camping? Other hospitality? Food, water etc? Thanks in advance.
    Dustin in Pennsylvania

It was great talking with you on the phone again this morning Dustin, it's been too long. What you and I talked about was being there and spectating. Give me a call if your dad decides he wants to run. There's a few more items.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Thanks again Pdub. He's tossing around the idea of $250 for 135mph, assuming it'd go that fast.
      Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Originally posted by SSChevyManiac View Post
        Thanks again Pdub. He's tossing around the idea of $250 for 135mph, assuming it'd go that fast.
        My pleasure entirely Sir. Tell Dad, if you've never ever driven that fast, that's a good ticket. To go that fast legally and safely. It's well worth the track fee and all of the waiting in line, that's something you can't do just anywhere. Really unique. And after you've done it, it's something you can take back home with you forever, having done it. Yeah, it's worth it. Dad should give it a try.

Comment

For the benefit of others, if you want to come check out the action as a spectator, there is a $15 admission fee and you get to walk around the pits, see the race vehicles up close and talk to the drivers.

If you'd like to volunteer to help run the event, see the Volunteer Coordinator and they will assign you something cool to do.

To race, you must complete a membership application ($50) and register your vehicle ($200) which gives you access during the weekend and all the track time you can manage. Don't forget to check out further details at;

ECTA-LSR.com

Comment

As usual, Steve tree'd me. Besides, he got the numbers right which is NOT my strong suite.

Let me add to PW's post - if you're going to run be sure to get your entry in soon! The roster fills quickly, especially for the May meet. Also, book your motel early too as the local places get full and you may find yourself in one of the outlying towns (Jeffersonville?) which is OK but a bit of a drive every morning.

Dan

Comment

Thanks guys. Vacation time is booked. Lodging is next. I think we'll be volunteering and not participating this year.
              Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

I expect to be out there sometime this year.
                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by SSChevyManiac View Post
                  I think we'll be volunteering and not participating this year.
                  That is a great way to get the feel for the place ... Enjoy !!!

Comment

Steve - You going to make it this year? It would be great to see you.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      Steve - You going to make it this year? It would be great to see you.
                      I'd really love to, missing everybody and all the action .... but, it depends on way too many variables to control.

Comment

Is there camping on site or close? If so is there electric available?
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Last I heard at the track, that was in the works. I defer to Steve.

Comment

In years past there is camping across the street but no hook ups. And no tent camping. Not sure if things have changed
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Pretty sure Russell's right on this. The RV camping is just a flat paved parking lot so there would be no way to install tent pegs (and they won't let you). There is a campground within a reasonable drive but being a vehement non-camper I haven't seen it. There's info on the ECTA website.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X