Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car need b4 the power tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post
    Up until last Wednesday I thought all the olé Goat needed was a wax job. Tracking down an engine noise I found I need a new crankshaft and main bearing cap. Pretty much a complete overhaul! I need to send the replacement crank out for polishing and balance. The block and cap will require a line bore. Timewise those 2 jobs are out of my hands. I can for see some late nights coming up in May.
    ​​​​
    Got the block back this morning from having it align bored. The replacement crank will be balanced and polished tomorrow. Things are progressing in the right direction....I hope there will be no more surprises.
    John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
    Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

• Good News John

So can I assume you didn't take this opportunity to add a 100 cubes to the mill?

Comment

• and they call me an enabler.....
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
          and they call me an enabler.....
          An enabler? I have never thought of myself that way. I just have an inquiring mind

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
              Looks good Adam. I told Dad you might be texting him.
              Yup, we texted back and forth yesterday. Awaiting some details from him about meeting a group in Cincy......should be a good time if we can get it together!
              2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
              1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
              1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

• Took this '63 on it's first shake down run tonight. To a car show in a town about fifty miles away. The first time to drive it over a couple of miles. Down in rush hour, back up after dark. (What balls, huh?) The two inch lifts in back definitely need to go. Temp maxed going down in the heat. And then, on the way back after dark, on a busy 4-lane, the lights just go dark. Discovered that they would come back on after playing around with the switch a bit. Then do it again. I might need to do something about that.
                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• The dimmer part of my headlight switch is broken. Not a big deal though. One headlight blows on one setting I forget which. I did find a loose wire though.

Comment

• Progress on my A-Arms!
                    Interim pictures too big to post.
                    Shipped out to No Limit on Tuesday May 1st - they received them on May 3rd.
                    They completed them and shipped them back on May 10th! That is exactly what they promised - how often does that happen with custom made car parts nowadays?
                    I should have them on Monday and will post some comparison pictures shortly thereafter.
                    Still a little tight on the timeline but way better than I expected. I will have to send them out to be powder coated after a trail fit and I figure out all the geometry.

Resized Pictures:

Click image for larger version

Name:	a_arms_2_sm.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1200632

Click image for larger version

Name:	a_arms_1_sm.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1200633
                    Last edited by cstmwgn; May 13, 2018, 03:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                      Yup, we texted back and forth yesterday. Awaiting some details from him about meeting a group in Cincy......should be a good time if we can get it together!
                      Lol, that group in Cincy is me!
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

Lol, that group in Cincy is me!

Hi Bob We will be leaving after work on Thursday and overnighting
                        just south of the Cincy area. When are you guy's planning on driving threw Cincy?
                        R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
                        Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
                        Real SH 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by 88MCSS LS2 6spd View Post

just south of the Cincy area. When are you guy's planning on driving threw Cincy?
                          Hey Ralph, this is Bob. I just checked and it doesn't look like we're going to be coming through Cincy. Donna and I are leaving from her house so we won't be coming down 75. Dad will be coming through Cincy so I'll find out what time he is planning on rolling through and let you know.
                          Donna
                          Williamston, MI
                          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• Well, plan A is not making it, so, we yanked the motor out of wasn’t even a plan. On our way to Summit for bearings and gaskets.
                            Last edited by 1972Behemoth; May 12, 2018, 09:07 AM.
                            Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
                            Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
                            Kansas City 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by 88MCSS LS2 6spd View Post

We can recommend Pasquale’s in Maysville, KY. Stayed there on the way home from a couple of tours.
                              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• A lot. was going to take the new 01' mustang convertible, but can't figure how to make the motor out of a 2000' GT works. I changed engine, tranny, rear, computer and engine compartment wire harness, but can't get it to turn over. i'm sure it's something simple, but haven't had time to work on it. i'll probably just ride shotgun in harrys monte carlo.
                                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                                X