Spring Break NMCA Bradenton, FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Break NMCA Bradenton, FL

My son and I are going to Bradenton in March for the 10th Annual Ross Racing Pistons NMCA Muscle Car Nationals, Featuring the GM Performance Parts LSX Challenge. Will meet up with Cstmwgn that weekend. Any Floridian (or any and all) Freaks interested?

200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

I have been to that race 5 times. Fun, fun, fun until a tornado whips through there....

Scott Sparrow (NMCA's Chief Meterorologist) forecast a squall line and boy did we get it. WOW!

You'll have a great time. Tell Jake Amitisto I said hello.

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Don't be shy guys - it would be helpful to know how many freaks/bangshifters are going to come so I can properly plan for the barbecue that will happen one evening (most likely Saturday night after the races)

Comment

Alan & George, I may be able to make that trip..... Might put Jade in the Street Class. What do you guys think????
        Last edited by Bucky67; December 5, 2011, 04:41 AM.
        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
        - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
          Alan & Bob, I may be able to make that trip..... Might put Jade in the Street Class. What do you guys think????
          I think you will get your ass kicked as those guys are beyond serious but PLEASE don't let that stop you for coming down as we all would love to see you.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
            I think you will get your ass kicked as those guys are beyond serious but PLEASE don't let that stop you for coming down as we all would love to see you.
            Alan, that is no joke. I was at the LSX shootout in 2008, which also happened to be the NMCA finals held in Memphis. My good, personal friend Mark Micki dominated that year winning the Scorpion Pro-Street Championship. I competed that weekend in the street class and enjoyed it. I didn't do as good as good as Mark, as he won that night as well, but it was fun. Come to think of it, I believe he won every race but two that year, and was in the finals every race. What a good year....
            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
            - George Orwell

Comment

Do we want a Freak Hotel on the beach?

or? across street from the strip club

bob

Comment

Ummmm......How much time am I going to be on the Beach?? Just somewhere convienent and safe, Breakfast is always good, as well as all night cookies...... Alan mentioned some hotels near his place?? Where do you stay Boob??
                200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

i'm in. probably won't race, but maybe i'll bring the 70' over. i say pick a hotel near allen, post it and let's make reservations. might want to do it soon to make sure it doesn't sell out. allen, let me know what i can contribute to the bbq.
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                    ... allen, let me know what i can contribute to the bbq.
                    Bruce, I am sure you remember my cooking skills are no where as good as yours so you are welcome to bring anything (one) you like. I will be sure to have enough tri-tip for whatever number of folks that comfirm they are comming. My barbecue isn't big enough to do a lot of steak and corn but IF the sweet corn is in we could boil a bunch on the stove. Baked beans would be cool if you have a good receipt for those. You could always do another desert (cobbler). Just remember if you are going to get all Julia Child's on us that you will have to bring your own tools!

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
                      ...... Alan mentioned some hotels near his place?? Where do you stay Boob??
                      As I stated before, there are a number of hotels that are right off of I75 at exit 220 (SR 64) which is the off ramp that you get off of to go to DeSoto Drag strip. Let me drive up there this weekend and get the list of hotels and eateries and I will get back to you. Bob's point was that there REALLY isn't much else to do out there (I75 & SR64) but sleep and maybe eat. If you want to check out other stuff you can drive to the beach in about 30 minutes (~20 miles). It is the Braden Street Cruisers car show weekend (parking lot deal) on Saturday. There most likely will be other local shows as well.

Comment

Bruce, I am sure you remember my cooking skills are no where as good as yours so you are welcome to bring anything (one) you like. I will be sure to have enough tri-tip for whatever number of folks that comfirm they are comming. My barbecue isn't big enough to do a lot of steak and corn but IF the sweet corn is in we could boil a bunch on the stove. Baked beans would be cool if you have a good receipt for those. You could always do another desert (cobbler). Just remember if you are going to get all Julia Child's on us that you will have to bring your own tools!
                        i like my cooking, but it doesn't mean anyone else will. i guess you don't remember how the cobbler turned out. thank god for mass quantity of beer. i'll come with something and let you know.
                        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

As I stated before, there are a number of hotels that are right off of I75 at exit 220 (SR 64) which is the off ramp that you get off of to go to DeSoto Drag strip. Let me drive up there this weekend and get the list of hotels and eateries and I will get back to you. Bob's point was that there REALLY isn't much else to do out there (I75 & SR64) but sleep and maybe eat. If you want to check out other stuff you can drive to the beach in about 30 minutes (~20 miles). It is the Braden Street Cruisers car show weekend (parking lot deal) on Saturday. There most likely will be other local shows as well.
                          with this group, i'm sure we can figure something out or find some way to amuse ourselves. no matter what, sounds like a fun weekend.
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                            with this group, i'm sure we can figure something out or find some way to amuse ourselves. no matter what, sounds like a fun weekend.
                            It sure does sound like a fun weekend. Wish we could make it
                            Donna
                            Williamston, MI
                            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Went to the website. They are going to be up here in Commerce Ga in April. Don't know about Florida but will try to go to commerce. April 12th through the 15th
                              Last edited by hoofhearted; December 7, 2011, 03:04 PM.
                              OH YEAH
                              Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X