No announcement yet.

Toll ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's amazing these "rich" states have toll roads filled with potholes.????????

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

To drive the autopista from Barcelona to Valencia
      it will cost you more in toll fees than gas.

Comment

I-540 near Raleigh is the only toll road in the state. The toll portion is only along the part of I540 that runs south of I-40 toward US-1. Sounds like you stayed near one of the hotels near the airport, possibly near NC-147. There are signs but no toll-booths. It was not part of the official route. One time on a $0.70 toll they sent me a bill, then sent the check back as I had put the wrong year on the date line.
        Non-denominational car nut.
        Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
        Do you go all the way?

Comment

I'm pretty sure we didn't hit any toll roads this year. We have an I-Pass though so we may have gotten charged but didn't notice.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I'd overpay it just to see if they send a refund check.
            Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
            74 Nova Project
            66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
            79 Chevy Truck Project
            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

If they DO send a refund check - throw it away and never cash it. Severely jacks with their internal systems.
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

$0.64?
                It's almost that much to mail the damn violation out!
                2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Yup!
                  ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                    $0.64?
                    It's almost that much to mail the damn violation out!

Plus somebody´s time, computer, printer and paper.

Comment

As was said earlier there is North Carolina's only toll road west of Raleigh. If you don't have a toll road transponder you get a bill for what you couldn't pay in person. One way to not get charged anything is to run a year of manufacture license plate. In NC you can run YOM plates as long as you have an up to date plate in the car with you. The YOM plate cannot be traced (at least not by the plate itself).
                      Last edited by JRoberts; August 13, 2018, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                        As was said earlier there is North Carolina's only toll road west of Raleigh. If you don't have a toll road transponder you get a bill for what you couldn't pay in person. One way to not get charged anything is to run a year of manufacture license plate. In NC you can run YOM plates as long as you have an up to date in the car with you. The YOM plate cannot be traced (at least not by the plate itself).
                        Here in Kansas you only need the old plate. Got mine for $2 and its $17 a year for "tags". Cop in MO said he didn't know that. Showed him the registration. They just stamp your receipt PAID.

Comment

In Mississippi, the YOM license plate is registered to the vehicle and is called a historical plate. Mine expire December 31, 2099. I don't think I will have to worry about renewing them.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post

Here in Kansas you only need the old plate. Got mine for $2 and its $17 a year for "tags". Cop in MO said he didn't know that. Showed him the registration. They just stamp your receipt PAID.
                            Yep, I'm running YOM plates on Earl and Maybelline. I've had a lot of police follow me (obviously checking the plate), then peel off with no stop involved. Registration says "Special Antique".
                            Last edited by oletrux4evr; August 10, 2018, 02:23 PM.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I'm about to figure out tolls tomorrow I have to go to Pittsburg Pa to pick up a tow truck for a friend.
                              Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Speaking of ridiculous bills, just got one for $.17 from my credit card.

Comment

Working...
                                X