Fall Colors Tour - November 2-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Impala_Guy View Post

I heard my name called. Of course I'm interested in the FCT and would most likely be down for the go-cart racing. I've been "off the air" as I have been doing the caregiver thing with my mother also. Her place is about 3 hours from my house so I'm really on the road now. I'm already booked at the GHI for the weekends of Oct 13th (Maggie Valley Corvair show) and 20th (GTO Dragon Run). If you don't hear from me just know that I agree with the plan and will see you there. If there's a serious problem/conflict Terri will be my point of contact. I do check on this page but just don't post from my phone or mother's computer.
    So, if we were going to do this, we'd need to avoid those weekends when you have something already on the books. Because IF we did the Dawsonville thing....IF we did that.....IF we did, and that's only an ongoing suggestion that we Wees came up with right now, we'd have to position ourselves in Dawsonville on a Friday night. To run karts and see the racing museum and whatever on Saturday before we took off toward GHI to spend Saturday night. And Perry already wants to run the Skyway which is way past GHI and would take all day, .... I think for another day or two I'm bailing out of this negotiation. It's getting too complicated, it's over my head. We're all trying to get together and have fun, it didn't used to be this complicated. Something and a whole lot of things made it be complicated.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Uhh, Skyway was just an alternate suggestion. The only real suggestion was driving through the national Forests going to Gearhead. I'm up for whatever, just want to drive. I live in flatland.
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
        Uhh, Skyway was just an alternate suggestion. The only real suggestion was driving through the national Forests going to Gearhead. I'm up for whatever, just want to drive. I live in flatland.
        Are y'all going to Cruisin' the Coast, Perry?

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post

Are y'all going to Cruisin' the Coast, Perry?
          Oops, forgot about the coast! Yes I'm planning on being there, FTC is usually in the middle of the month so I wasn't thinking about conflicting dates. Sooo.....
          that takes me out for the first weekend in October!

Comment

Bump
            hey y'all !

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
              We are among the retired folks, so any days are good with us. What about John and Kathy, Charles, Diane, and any others I may be missing?
              Hey y'all, We really like the Gear Head Inn and including Jim and Mary in our BS craziness, with that said We'd like to see at least one night around the fire pit. It doesn't matter if it's at the beginning, middle or end of the Fall Tour. Where we go isn't important as long as we don't let this event fizzle away. As for the dates, we have plans for the first weekend in Oct and some of y'all are doing Cruising The Coast that weekend. Other than that, we're open on the other dates. I hope to have my Tremec installed by then....wooohooo!

I've raced 80cc motorcycles on go cart tracks for quite a few years, so count me in for the four wheel fun.

I mentioned the "R" word to my boss, and boy has he been nice to me lately and letting me take time off any time I want.
              Last edited by papasmurf587; July 21, 2018, 08:10 PM.
              John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
              Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Hi Perry! We can definitely work around the first week of Oct. Anybody have a suggestion for dates?!
                Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                  Hi Perry! We can definitely work around the first week of Oct. Anybody have a suggestion for dates?!
                  That really only leaves us with the last weekend in October, 26-28, if we're going to get the core group together. And do whatever. By process of elimination, that's got to be the dates.

Comment

That might be even funner, we could do something for Halloween!
                    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I for sure never wanted to be the event orchestrator. But for coherence, for glue, can we say Dawsonville Quality Inn on Friday Oct 26 and Gear Head Inn on Saturday Oct 27? We might get split up in Dawsonville on the Saturday, between the racing museum and the kart track and visiting frends, etc, and gather back up at GHI for the grand finale?

Again, I'm saying but not "saying," will that work for everyone in concept at least? Or, does anyone have a better plan? Nailing Jello to a tree. Herding cats.....

Comment

One of the longest-running festivals in the U.S. The Mountain Moonshine Festival reflects the history of moonshining back in the prohibition era in connection…

This is going on in Dawsonville that weekend.

I will be at the HIE in Gainesville GA on the 26th & 27th. Some really cool cars at this show on Saturday the 27th.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
                          https://festivalnet.com/21154/Dawson...shine-Festival

I will be at the HIE in Gainesville GA on the 26th & 27th. Some really cool cars at this show on Saturday the 27th.
                          Holy crap. Nix Dawsonville for that weekend. They're geared for 100,000 people for that festival with 300 exhibitors. They'll fill every motel for about 100 miles.

Okay, start over. Somewhere.....

Comment

Most are already full. The bulk of the crowd comes in from Atlanta for the day on Saturday. Friday is generally not that bad.

For car people, they have some interesting iron on display that only comes out once a year.

Check out Blue Ridge GA. Cool town, scenic drives etc.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
                              https://festivalnet.com/21154/Dawson...shine-Festival

We've been to this festival / car show a few times and it is a great destination. In addition to a few hundred show cars at the museum, they have a parade (early in the morning) through town with vintage race cars, many, many original and reproduction moonshine runners, and usually a tribute to Hubert and Huston Platt with their 60's drag cars plus many others. Also it's "Awesome Bill's" hometown. No, I don't work for the Dawsonville Chamber of Commerce.
                              John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                              Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

I kind of agree with PeeWee. Do we really want to get caught up in a crowd that big?! Will do some research and see if we can find somewhere quieter!

Comment

Working...
                                X