No announcement yet.

Fall Colors Tour - November 2-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Terri, Unit and I are talking......we've swapped visits, y'all's place and ours. We've decided we know what's up. The last time y'all were here we made Vic install a water heater for us. No wonder y'all don't want to come back again! HAHAhAhAHAH!!!!!!!!!!
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

HeeHee!!!!! No, that's not the issue! Just since we got out of the restaurant, we've been like two kids in a candy store trying to decide what to do first! Would love to have you guys come visit again. The upstairs bedroom is almost back together after my son moved out, just finished painting it today, actually!

As regards the Gearhead Inn, we love Jim and Mary, as well as staying there, but we feel like maybe everyone is getting tired of doing the same thing over and over. That's why we thought maybe do something else?! Lack of traffic here concerns me too, but am thinking maybe everyone is busy, on vacation, etc., and just not looking at the computer. However, if we only have a limited number of participants for Fall Colors Tour, so be it!!!!!! I think we should go ahead and plan something, and those that want to join can. AMP sounds like it would be a fun trip. And we have a friend who lives in Dawsonville, so we would get to see him too!

P.S. Tell Kenny we said HI!!!!!!!
      Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
      Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post

P.S. Tell Kenny we said HI!!!!!!!
        I said, "Hey Kenny, Terri said Hi." He got that crazy look on his face and went running and hid behind Vic's water heater!

Mapquest says it's 2.5 hours from Dawsonville to Gear Head Inn. We could position ourselves in Dawsonville on a Friday. Would make more sense and fun to all use the same motel, whichever one. Do the go karts and whatever on Saturday....That Georgia Racing Museum is a neat little ticket, or has everyone already worn that one out? The Dawsonville Pool Hall may be a great place for lunch, in a dozen stays there I've never been inside the place.

I like Sue's thinking, the ride from Dawsonville to GHI could be "the tour." And to throw another bizarre wrench into things, just for the round table, with lots of us falling off the work wagon, this doesn't even have to be on a weekend. Just sayin, for lively discussion.

Comment

IF we are going to do cart racing, reservations are strongly recommended. We haven't even set a date yet, let alone a plan of activities....

Comment

Ahh, the voice of practicality!!!! You are so right, Sue! We definately need to set a date before we do anything else. Suggestions??!!!

Tell Kenny we will for sure let him know before we visit again, so he can find a place to disappear for the duration!!!!!!!!!!!
            Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I should be good for anything, but looking at the map if we leave for Gearhead on Saturday I suggest Hyw 60 to Ducktown TN, then 74 to Bryson city, it's all National
              Forest and should be a nice ride, about 4 hours not counting stopping and eating. Of course some of y'all no the area better than me. Or we could go to Telco plains and drive the Skyway. Just throwing ideas cause I'd like to hit some curves and scenery.
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

We are among the retired folks, so any days are good with us. What about John and Kathy, Charles, Diane, and any others I may be missing?

Comment

Just another thought, if we go to AMP with the emphasis on the Cart racing, how many actually want to get in the race? I know Peewee and me will, Robert if he comes, anyone else? But then again, who else is in for FCT? Hoping to have my Vette back on the road by then. As for as the date, Andy is there a time that might work for you and your mill outage, I know a couple of times the weekends just happened to work with my schedule, would like to do the same for anyone else it could help.
                  Last edited by corvettedad; July 18, 2018, 04:02 AM.
                  Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

You are reading my mind, Perry. John and Kathy, and Vic also still have work obligations to consider, which is why I haven't suggested a date. Charles, I don't know. Sure would like to see input from them. You make a good point...how much interest IS there in a FCT at all this year?

Comment

And what about Diane? She have a work schedule too that would need to be considered? We need more input.

Comment

This is still on my bucket list to do, only so much vacation time though. BUT hoping not to have to worry about that next year!! Bob still will be working for a few more years though. I keep thinking maybe next year we will make it there. Just so many things that we want to do
                        Donna
                        Williamston, MI
                        Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Vic's work obligations are flexible, seeing as how he's self-employed and his son works with him!! Would be nice if everybody else chimed in so we can set a date. Donna, we would love to have you and Bob join us if you could!!

And yes, I would for sure be interested in doing the carts!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                            Vic's work obligations are flexible, seeing as how he's self-employed and his son works with him!! Would be nice if everybody else chimed in so we can set a date. Donna, we would love to have you and Bob join us if you could!!

And yes, I would for sure be interested in doing the carts!
                            Perry has a very valid point - who even WANTS to do carts? That was just me assuming, as always. Just because I'd love to do the karts, everybody else will want to also. I'm an idiot, y'all know I am.

It has been easy putting this gatherings together before, not much discussion, let's just DO it, whatever it is. Somehow it's become more difficult, can everyone agree to that? By life or by circumstance, this one is hard to figure out.

Comment

A trip out East for this is on my bucket list too ~ Some day ~ ... I’m Mostly retired- been working for the high school part time as a Special Ed TA... so now I’’m busy when school’s in session... So this year is out. Maybe next year
                              Last edited by Redline04; July 18, 2018, 07:41 PM.
                              '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                              '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                              79 Trans Am project
                              ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
                                You are reading my mind, Perry. John and Kathy, and Vic also still have work obligations to consider, which is why I haven't suggested a date. Charles, I don't know. Sure would like to see input from them. You make a good point...how much interest IS there in a FCT at all this year?
                                I heard my name called. Of course I'm interested in the FCT and would most likely be down for the go-cart racing. I've been "off the air" as I have been doing the caregiver thing with my mother also. Her place is about 3 hours from my house so I'm really on the road now. I'm already booked at the GHI for the weekends of Oct 13th (Maggie Valley Corvair show) and 20th (GTO Dragon Run). If you don't hear from me just know that I agree with the plan and will see you there. If there's a serious problem/conflict Terri will be my point of contact. I do check on this page but just don't post from my phone or mother's computer.
                                Non-denominational car nut.
                                Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                                Do you go all the way?

Comment

Working...
                                X