Fall Colors Tour - November 2-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Colors Tour - November 2-4

Vic and I were talking about this on Power Tour. We need to set a date and also a plan. We also discussed that although we both love Jim and Mary at the Gearhead Inn, since we've been there so much, maybe we could set them as an ending point instead of a place to camp all weekend. Maybe find some cool roads in Virginia to drive and end up at Gearhead Inn? Let me know what you think! Since I'm not working now, would be willing to research possible routes.
    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

I like it but I will be working a outage so I doubt we can make it!
    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Let me check my schedule....... I'm free!
      sounds good to me.
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Hey all, you know i love the idea of driving somewhere and i love the Gearhead. But just an FYI. There is a Autocross and Show at the Smokies Stadium there near Pigeon Forge,TN on Oct. 12th and 13th so if anyone wants to check that out i will try to add the link below.

Here is the link above or you can look up Crusin the Smokies or Smoky Mountain Auto fest.
        Karen and I are going down Wed. just to cruise around a little before so we can't take two trips south this year but it would be great if some people wanted to come to TN and hang out for the weekend.

Comment

If you all don't want to spend the whole weekend at The GearHead Inn, how about everyone hooking up at AMP in Dawsonville GA, racing some go carts, then driving to The Gear Head Inn? That would be something different.

Comment

Sounds like a possibility. Would you and P-Dub be interested in going?
            Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
            Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

We would love to try cart racing at AMP. There are things to see and do in Dawsonville as well. like the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame, the Dawsonville Pool Room (for Bill Elliot fans), and even a Moonshine distillery. A day, or part of a day cart racing, followed by visits to some local attractions, for those with energy to burn, a night at the Quality Inn, then the next day spent driving to The Gear Head Inn. We would be in for that.

Comment

Pdub says there is another hotel chain in Dawsonville as well, doesn't have to be the Quality Inn. That's just the one I know because we stay there when we go to AMP for the road course.

Comment

I am going to jump to a conclusion here, and it may be wrong, but I am going to put it out there anyway. The lack of traffic on this thread leads me to believe that people have lost interest in the Fall Colors Tour. We sure got that feeling in the Spring, when, besides us, only John and Cathy, and Charles and Kevin showed up. We ended up staying only one night, as we wanted to get started on the trip to Jasper for Cars and Cones. Lets hear from some folks, do you want to do this, and what do you want to do?

Comment

Is it possible we've worn out the Gear Head Inn? I hate to even pose that, however we've all been there so many times that the crowd in general is tired of it? The crowd is falling off, is it the GHI location that's making folks lose interest? We can do something else, it's more fun and important that we at least all get together somewhere. That's only my less than one cent, and there, I said it.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Maybe not, I know me and Dave would have been there if not for family needs and me preparing for retirement. Perhaps Car's and Cones pulled some away also because Gearhead was kinda out the way or an added cost for the week? As stated above I'm good for whatever, better get it why I can, I'm still sorting out this new life and budget! LOL
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

This is always on our radar but it needs a lot of days off and timing to pull it off.
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

As Perry mentioned I would have been there if I wasn't a caregiver now. I've already missed this event, Cars & Cones and Power Tour this year and I just don't know when if ever I'll be able to attend anymore events. I can't even find time to go to the shop and work on any of my cars. I really miss not seeing you guys.
                          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                            I really miss not seeing you guys.
                            That's very much a part of why we came down there to see YOU Dave. You are a giant hero, doing what you're doing as caregiver, and thanks a hundred more times for the tour.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                              This is always on our radar but it needs a lot of days off and timing to pull it off.
                              That's our dilemma too. 4 days of driving for a two-day event makes it a bit impractical for us. Maybe after I retire.
                              Last edited by oletrux4evr; July 15, 2018, 04:29 PM.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X