What does your car need after PowerTour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    MSD tested my box and sent it back without asking any questions. When I called them - they said it was perfect - no problems. I told them that it makes my fuel injection shut down every time the engine goes above 3,000rpm. He said OH - send it back and we will take care of it!
    MSD sent me a brand new Digital 6AL yesterday as a warranty replacement!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

MSD sent me a brand new Digital 6AL yesterday as a warranty replacement!
      Very nice.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

A new owner. Nothing wrong with the car. I just want to get going on a couple of other projects. The alternator went south in East Jesus, Illinois. On the way home. That would be somewhere between the Ohio River & Vienna, Illinois. It had a nice, shinny new one a couple of hours later.
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Wheeeew - so pretty close to two months later - I took the wagon on a test drive this afternoon and all seems well. Actually really good!
          New: lifters, fans, radiator hoses, motor mounts, steering vibration damper, steering shaft, completely refurbished GearVendor, all rear suspension hiem joints
          Fixed: reinstalled the 90* speedo cabler adapter that I thought was part of the issues on tour last year. And then when I THOUGHT I was ready to go, I found that the FAST Dual Sync distributor was actually a complete piece of shit which I had to disassemble and tig braze the advance head back onto the shaft so the timing would stay somewhat stable!

Its sort of funny - I still think of the wagon as being "new" - completely rebuilt. Yet is has 76K on the clock since that was true!
          Last edited by cstmwgn; August 18, 2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

If your working on them because you have driven them a lot is better than working on them because they are sitting alot.
            Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

The Studebaker needs two leaks around the windshield fixed. I am thinking a FiTech fuel injection system might be in the car's future (That means before 2019PT). Oh yeah, fixing the radio might be nice on the interstate drives to and from PT. I'm sure there is other stuff but I am already starting to panic with just these three things

Comment

More than two months and I still have yet to get my newly rebuilt engine back out and torn down.
                HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

Pala still locked up in body shop purgatory, but there has been some movement. Promised pictures next week, we'll see. Ordered right side trunk panel today, so he's got plenty of parts to work with, I'm making sure he's not waiting on me
                  Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Driver's side fender will need a patch panel at the bottom. That and I squished it with a floor jack. Could use a couple patches in the floor too.

Comment

Woohoo, we have AC in the Cutlass again!
                      I R Bob
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Some of you know I had a few problems with the Desoto, so along with everything we replaced on the Tour, still need to do another "reserwrecksion" !

Cooling system trouble shoot and new fans
                        Figure out how to shift a A518 without electronics - vacuum switch, and pressure switches don't work in a performance trans.
                        New air cond unit. Last one blew up. - and better seal the cabin
                        Bigger capacity brake booster
                        Install new upgraded Coker tires

Still haven't pulled the trans to find out if the new flywheel adapter failed, but something in there did.

Since this is a Tour car it probably won't get fixed till 3 weeks before next year's Tour.

Not talking to "Isabel" yet DTB

DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                          What was the culprit?
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                            AC does that stand for altinator charging it does on the Pinto. That's the only accessory it has.
                            Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Originally posted by Dave the Bartender View Post
                              Some of you know I had a few problems with the Desoto, so along with everything we replaced on the Tour, still need to do another "reserwrecksion" !

Bigger capacity brake booster
                              Does that beast have a power steering pump?
                              If so, you might want to consider a hydro boost conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post

What was the culprit?
                                Just leaks in the system. Keyla got them all fixed and now I have cool air to blow on me. I didn't even have to get dirty.
                                I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X