What does your car need after PowerTour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does your car need after PowerTour

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2228.jpg Views:	1 Size:	496.3 KB ID:	1205739
    Last edited by cstmwgn; June 19, 2018, 04:34 PM.

OK, so I need to fix the heater evidently!

I got the hood off, radiator and fans out, harmonic balancer out, gearvendor out.

I need to take the gearvendor apart to see if I can figure out what is going on and what I hurt by running it too low on oil
    I need to pull the axles to check the wheel bearings
    I need to pull the third member to inspect to be sure I don't have some issues going on there.
    I need to pull the intake and inspect the lifters as they are due to be replaced (need to order new ones)
    I need to test the valve springs to be sure they aren't going soft
    I need to change both radiator fans as one seems to be failing so the other one can't be that far away.
    I need to change all the cooling system hoses
    I need to change the engine oil and filter
    I need to fix the speedo drive issues

There are lots of other things on my "Wish List" to upgrade but not sure I will get them all done before the next trip which should be Crusin the Coast

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
      OK, so I need to fix the heater evidently!

I got the hood off, radiator and fans out, harmonic balancer out, gearvendor out.

I need to take the gearvendor apart to see if I can figure out what is going on and what I hurt by running it too low on oil
      I need to pull the axles to check the wheel bearings
      I need to pull the third member to inspect to be sure I don't have some issues going on there.
      I need to pull the intake and inspect the lifters as they are due to be replaced (need to order new ones)
      I need to test the valve springs to be sure they aren't going soft
      I need to change both radiator fans as one seems to be failing so the other one can't be that far away.
      I need to change all the cooling system hoses
      I need to change the engine oil and filter
      I need to fix the speedo drive issues

There are lots of other things on my "Wish List" to upgrade but not sure I will get them all done before the next trip which should be Crusin the Coast

Just reading this makes me tired.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Same thing it needed before PT, built!!
        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

One word.........TREMEC!!!
          John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
          Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post
            One word.........TREMEC!!!
            Seems to me, there's one of those in your future thanks to your backseat passenger!
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I think all we have to do is clean the Cutlass and figure out the hot start issue. Other then that, the car ran great.
              I R Bob
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Thank goodness my A/C crapped out AFTER I got home.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Cleaning it up good and letting it rest for a few days!
                  Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Fixed a few leaks, changed the fluids, did a nut & bolt and cleaned it up. Took the '57 to a cruise in last night, and plan to run the crap out of it until December. Then...who knows. It is a little low on power, so might do something in that department this winter.

Comment

Oil change and filter. Need to detail the boiler room and that's about it.........oh.....almost forgot.......need to tighten the driver's door wire loom. That seems to be it. Lucky me this year!
                      Last edited by oletrux4evr; June 20, 2018, 11:57 AM.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Wash, wax, vacuum, replaced bad turn signal flasher, & oil change done. Rotate tires next, then replace t-stat housing that won’t quit seeping fluid.
                        That should cover it for now.
                        '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                        '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                        79 Trans Am project
                        ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

The 65 got a good cleaning when I got home, mostly because the entire passenger side was covered in spatterings of road tar.

We had to do a roadside 3G alternator upgrade. I've ordered a wiring "kit" for it so the wiring isn't all over the place.

The biggest issue was there before PT. The 3.25 trac loc 3rd member I installed has had a slight whine/howl since I installed it. Should have pulled it then and shipped it back, but had a PT to do in a few days (2016). It's getting worse and now has a really annoying vibration over 73 mph, totally fine under that... but that will need to be addressed eventually. Except on PT, I usually never have the car over 65 MPH anyway, so that's a low priority.
                          Last edited by Jesse James 80; June 20, 2018, 02:11 PM.
                          1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                          1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                          1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

A guy on craigslist has an OD transmission I want for my el camino. Says 500hp with complete install kit minus the crate it came in. 1800-2200 stall converter. $1700 is a lot but that is about what they go for online. I thought about a 4l60 or whatever but the controller alone is $500 or more. There is no shipping tax or core charge this way. My next time off is two months away but it could be in by September. Greaserama is labor day weekend and Ol Marais River Run in Ottawa is September 15/16th. There is a place east of here where you can rent a lift paint booth or sandblasting booth 24 hours a day. I could ask what it cost. I still need to change the body mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                              Thank goodness my A/C crapped out AFTER I got home.
                              I forgot about getting the AC fixed.
                              I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X