Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long did Power Tour last for you this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long did Power Tour last for you this year?

In other words, how close to home were you when you saw your last Power Tour vehicle?

I think I may have the record: Dark Knight's Trans Am was seen multiple times on the ride back, lastly driving past my dad's house as we unpacked the car.

I think that's 0.00001 miles from home. :D
    2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
    1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
    1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

It was over pretty quick for me. I'm only +/- 100 miles from Charlotte. I followed behind Andy until my exit, so somewhere around 11:45PM friday night was my last PT car.
    1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
    1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
    1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

At home in the driveway...or doing a burnout in front of the driveway.

Thanks to everyone that came out for the finish line party, it was great getting to hang out with the everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
        At home in the driveway...or doing a burnout in front of the driveway.

Thanks to everyone that came out for the finish line party, it was great getting to hang out with the everyone.
        Same time next year, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post

Same time next year, right?
          We will do a starting line party, I usually do that on the first Saturday of Power Tour. It gives more people a chance to attend.

Comment

Cool! Hopefully we will be able to attend! As I recall, last time you and loose lugnuts both had outstanding get togethers!
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
              ... As I recall, last time you and loose lugnuts both had outstanding get togethers!
              Not sure Randy has ever been the same since that night

Comment

As Jesse stated when he peeled off I-85 it was the last vehicle I saw. I got home at 1am Saturday morning.
                Lar's thanks again sir for a awesome party. Will see you before next years party hopefully and I'll have your magnet to.

Adam nice meeting you and talking to you and your dad.

Last edited by Andy4639; June 18, 2018, 01:16 PM.
                Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

By the way, did you see the two deer standing right on the edge of I-85? I think it was around mile marker 90-ish in SC. Almost crapped my pants. They just stared at me.
                  Last edited by Jesse James 80; June 18, 2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post

We will do a starting line party, I usually do that on the first Saturday of Power Tour. It gives more people a chance to attend.
                    Awesome. I don't plan to longhaul next year (vacation time issues) but I do plan to at least do sat/sun... maybe mon depending on how far from home they get. I won't have to leave so early this time!
                    Last edited by Jesse James 80; June 18, 2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

I picked up my 1st headed to bowling green 8 miles from my house Curtis(blackie66) and the last one I saw saturday was Julius "JC" Tyler the 4 door 63 Nova with Coke cooler trailer behind it from Mississippi in Commerce GA at the Tanger Outlets........
                      That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Lars, Starting the tour at the NCM road course and ending at your place in Mooresville - couldn't ask for better bookends

nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

I live about 130 miles from Concord so got in around 10:30 Friday night. The for sure Power Tour car I saw was about 5 miles from the zMax near NC49.

Comment

We were 80 miles from home when we left Lars's party. Got home around 11:00 Friday night.
                            Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                            Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Last PT car I saw was mid-day Saturday cruising West on I70 near Richmond, Indiana as I headed back to Wisc.
                              it was an old 40’s street rod with the 2018sticker in the back window.
                              Last edited by Redline04; June 18, 2018, 08:19 PM.
                              '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                              '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                              79 Trans Am project
                              ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Working...
                              X