They ran out of LONG HAULER awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They ran out of LONG HAULER awards

I watched a video and there were about 100 Long Haulers that did not get award. It was reported that there were 800 more Long Haulers than last year.
    Those without were promised awards from what I could hear.

Nick
    Last edited by nickleone; June 16, 2018, 07:24 PM.

I had heard a larger number but if it was a 100 I might can understand a little bit, but they know how many registered for long haul except for last minute registers. You'd think they'd get at least a couple of hundred extra, I realize that there is probably some bean counters flexing there muscles but come on this is the long haul. Ok I'm done.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

They took names and addresses and promised to mail them out after more were made up........only time will tell on this.........
      That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

The group I was with got the metal signs, but not the letter or whatever that went along with it. We were told we have to email somebody to get one via mail. I haven't tried that yet.

Comment

i'll gladly send you a letter if they don't

Comment

We were probably in the first 2-3 hundred into the building & I noticed that all of the people going out the side door had the metal sign, letter & a PT license plate.
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

The license plates were extras that they had sitting on a golf cart for people to take.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Around 4:30-4:45 One off the Hot Rod guys walked by us giving the license plates just to kids, I asked him for one for my 9 mo. old for his stroller. when they couldn’t find any more kids, they just started giving them away.
                '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                79 Trans Am project
                ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

By the time we got to the building, there were no more license plates and also no more long haul certificates. Since most people pre-register, I don't understand how they can run out of anything. They posted on facebook or somewhere that they usually order about 1200 more long-haul signs than they think they need. So WTF??!!

Also, standing in line for what felt like 3 days to get the long-haul gift majorly sucked. Since they are no longer doing an actual program, why can't they just set up a booth and let us pick up the sign whenever, just like MSD does for the last day of the magnets. Would make things go a lot smoother and faster.
                  Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                  Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I agree with Terri - - - once you punch in at the stage on Day 7 they should have the signs there and hand them out. That wait in line was brutal on the asphalt.
                    Last edited by 70chevyC-10; June 20, 2018, 09:44 AM.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

agreed.....there has to be a better way

Comment

I know of a few people who had 1 credential and were handed 2 signs, that is probably the reason for the shortage.

Comment

Interesting on the 1 credential, 2 signs, especially since they were so stringent on checking the stamps.

If I heard correctly, they typically run a little short almost every year?

Damon had a great idea. If you preregisted up to some cutoff, say 30 days prior to the start of the tour, you could pick up your sign on Friday in person. If you registered within 30 days of the event, or the day of in person, you paid the extra fee, receive a pre addressed envelope that you stick your long hauler stamped tags in, mail the stamped tags in, then they mail you back your signs. That would eliminate running out of signs and maybe shorten the line up quite a bit.
                          Last edited by Jesse James 80; June 20, 2018, 02:18 PM.
                          1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                          1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                          1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Even if they'd had the line start UNDER the grandstands (in the shade), that would've made a hell of a difference.
                            2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                            1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                            1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
                              Even if they'd had the line start UNDER the grandstands (in the shade), that would've made a hell of a difference.
                              that would make too much sense -
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                              X