No announcement yet.

Route is out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corrections have been made to the route, labeled 5/17/18....may answer a lot of questions as to the road names. Hotrod was running it last week.

Comment

Originally posted by pharaoh65 View Post
      Corrections have been made to the route, labeled 5/17/18....may answer a lot of questions as to the road names. Hotrod was running it last week.
      Cool! Hopefully this is the final (& accurate) update. Then I can actually highlight the route on my paper maps so I’m ready not to get misdirected.
      '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
      '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
      79 Trans Am project
      ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

I just finished all my motels, attractions and stops for the week! I have everything in my Garmen just in case I need it.
        Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
          I am pretty familiar with the area from Pine Bluff, NC to just south of Sanford, NC. I have found one thing on the route instructions that I think is a mistake. On the Darlington, SC to Raleigh, NC instructions at mile 100.4 the directions say turn left onto Mocksville, Rd. I think they mean Murdocksville Rd.

If you are tempted to head up U.S. 1 and/or U.S. 501 think about it first. Those roads through the Aberdeen, Southern Pines and Pinehurst areas are terrible traffic areas on a good day. Add all of us to the mix and it would be horrendous. The roads the official route takes us on are primarily 2 lane roads which could be clogged up with the Power Tour folks, but I still think that route beats most alternatives I can think of.
          The only place I see the correct road name mentioned above is on the Google Map text. It is labled Murdocksville Road there.

Comment

Originally posted by pharaoh65 View Post
            Hey Pharaoh65, good to see you on Bang Shift. I'm the cop's dad you met at the Matthew's car show. We'll look for you on Power Tour. John and Kathy.
            John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
            Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Well, I finally found he time to get my Garmin programmed. I found several mistakes in road names, but continued on using my pre-disposed version of "logic". If you see Earl looking lost, wave at us and let us catch up. As some oil company used to say, "Happy Motoring!".
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

John, good to hear from you...last I heard you were holding the crank out of the "Goat". Get your mess together, will look for you at Darlington. Be Safe

Comment

Looks like Hot Rod made some revisions (probably corrections) to the route again - http://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrpt-route/
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Here are all the exits on I-20. We get off I-20 @ exit 131 per HR instructions. Exit 116 is the Bishopville exit. This is a bottle neck going East right now. I just came through here over MD weekend. I sat for 45 minutes, 30 minutes was dead stopped. 2 lanes down to 1 lane. This was around 7pm Thursday night.
                    Coming home Tuesday around 12 noon we drove right through. We had only one lane and had to slow down some but it kept moving never stopped.
                    It maybe worth a little side tripping off the Interstate to go around this.

Taking exit 98 toward Summter Camden 521 then US-1 to McBee then 151 to Darlington. It may be worth the extra 30 minutes driving time. That's pretty country through there.
                    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                      Looks like Hot Rod made some revisions (probably corrections) to the route again - http://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrpt-route/
                      I think something is up with the "LANDMARK' added to a couple of turns.........hmmmmmmmm, what could it be?
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

I think something is up with the "LANDMARK' added to a couple of turns.........hmmmmmmmm, what could it be?
                        Photo Op locations maybe... ?

'86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                        '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                        79 Trans Am project
                        ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
                          Here are all the exits on I-20. We get off I-20 @ exit 131 per HR instructions. Exit 116 is the Bishopville exit. This is a bottle neck going East right now. I just came through here over MD weekend. I sat for 45 minutes, 30 minutes was dead stopped. 2 lanes down to 1 lane. This was around 7pm Thursday night.
                          Coming home Tuesday around 12 noon we drove right through. We had only one lane and had to slow down some but it kept moving never stopped.
                          It maybe worth a little side tripping off the Interstate to go around this.

Taking exit 98 toward Summter Camden 521 then US-1 to McBee then 151 to Darlington. It may be worth the extra 30 minutes driving time. That's pretty country through there.
                          Thanks Andy, i created an alternate basecamp route
                          nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by >>>>head View Post

Thanks Andy, i created an alternate basecamp route
                            Looks like we're following you Tom.
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

Looks like we're following you Tom.
                              TomTom the GPS
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

Where do you see that?

Comment

Working...
                                X