Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
    Chris, check this place out:

Tank Town USA is the ultimate heavy equipment playground. Whether you want to drive a military tank, military trucks or construction equipment, Tank Town USA has it all!

This is on the way if you are leaving GHI and a very scenic drive.

An hour at Tank Town will have you ready for Atlanta Traffic...

I have to agree with as I have done this. It's a lot of fun and it's not everyday you can drive a tank. And the owner is a pretty cool guy as well. And it's a nice drive down until you hit Kennesaw. Then you'll wish you were back in that tank.

Visit my sons blog:
    www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Lemme get this straight- is anyone really going to be at Gear Head Inn on Monday the 11th? If so, we Wees will be there to join the party. That sounds like lots more fun than...we were figuring to hit some motel parking lots in Chattanooga on the 10th and see who we could bump into.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Please, no one take this the wrong way, but....does not doing the route or the venues kind of defeat the purpose of doing power tour?
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
          Please, no one take this the wrong way, but....does not doing the route or the venues kind of defeat the purpose of doing power tour?
          Maybe by conventional philosophy, but if folks are going to GHI for a stop I want in. I want to know before the place sells out, and it'll sell out quick.

Comment

I've booked we Wees a room at GHI for Monday June 11. We love that place. It's worth loving. We'll be there on a Monday. Who else is coming?

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
              I've booked we Wees a room at GHI for Monday June 11. We love that place. It's worth loving. We'll be there on a Monday. Who else is coming?
              We’ll be there! Really looking forward to it.
              Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
              74 Nova Project
              66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
              79 Chevy Truck Project
              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                No offense taken. I see where you are coming from. For us, Power Tour is about the people we meet and the adventure. As the years go by, we are less interested in punching the clock and the official route as we are seeing the friends we only see on tour. Also, our best Power Tour memories are when we made side trips and from the hotel parking lots.
                74 Nova Project
                66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

We’ll be there! Really looking forward to it.
                  Oh HELL yeah. Oh yes. 10-4 and Copy the Roger on that Affirmative.

EDIT: If this initiative takes off, folks please bear in mind that GHI has I think 22 rooms. One of them was already booked when I inquired, somebody had reserved the room we always stay in when we're there.
                  Last edited by pdub; May 13, 2018, 02:17 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=pdub;n1200711One of them was already booked when I inquired, somebody had reserved the room we always stay in when we're there.[/QUOTE]

That’s us! We are planning to take our 66 Mustang GT. Kinda figured we might be in your usual room.
                    74 Nova Project
                    66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

That’s us! We are planning to take our 66 Mustang GT. Kinda figured we might be in your usual room.
                      Can I like that more than once? Shoot, now we have to take the Cobra Room. HAHahahahaH!!!!!!!!
                      Last edited by pdub; May 13, 2018, 05:04 PM.

Comment

I love that car Chris! You guys did a great job on it!
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Guys.....I'm going to steal Bruce's line from way above - please don't take this wrong, and he said it so well. And that's what I mean. Please don't take this wrong.

We Wees are the folks who bailed out of Cars and Cones after three days because we'd had fun enough already. And that's supposed to be the funnest one. We had literally had enough fun. And it WAS fun. We were close to home, we broke off and went home.

And here comes the "Don't take this wrong" thing for sure. From talking with BSers at GHI and other places, I'm not sure how many people do the Power Tour other than to seem like they HAVE to, like that's the only choice. There's lots of talk about the traffic at the venues and about how big it's become. I know for sure we're not interested in doing that, we couldn't even hang with Cars and Cones.

But a side trip from all the racket to GHI seems perfect, and I'll be there for sure. Sue Unit is hedging. I'll bet she goes too.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                            I'm not sure how many people do the Power Tour other than to seem like they HAVE to, like that's the only choice. There's lots of talk about the traffic at the venues and about how big it's become. I know for sure we're not interested in doing that, we couldn't even hang with Cars and Cones.

But a side trip from all the racket to GHI seems perfect, and I'll be there for sure. Sue Unit is hedging. I'll bet she goes too.
                            We have half joked about a venue free tour for a few years. Last couple of years, we stopped at probably 4 of 7 of the venues and that was just for the magnets (like 15-20 minutes a venue after the first day.) We did stay in or near the host cities all the time and followed most of the routes. We are taking the next logical step this year. We (my wife and I) sure hope Sue can make it as well.

BTW - Does the GHI have BBQ grills we can use?

74 Nova Project
                            66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

BTW - Does the GHI have BBQ grills we can use?
                              Yes, Jim has a gas grill that his friend Randy contributed. You may check with Mary and ask about using it, I never have. But I've eyeballed it and thought about it, but there was always too much fun going on to be standing there cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
                                Chris, check this place out:

Tank Town USA is the ultimate heavy equipment playground. Whether you want to drive a military tank, military trucks or construction equipment, Tank Town USA has it all!

This is on the way if you are leaving GHI and a very scenic drive.

An hour at Tank Town will have you ready for Atlanta Traffic...
                                Made a call today to see if they will are open/available Monday for the tank drive/car crush combo! Pee Wee and Sue - Are you interested?
                                74 Nova Project
                                66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Working...
                                X