Germans at the HRPT 2018 ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germans at the HRPT 2018 ...

We always wanted to join the tour, but had to have the perfect ride for that first. In late 2016 we bought a 57 Ford Country Sedan with the original 312 YB and a T5 manual transmission. No power nothing. Drums all around. No a/c. No radio. We just completed 5,000mls of driving all over the Southeast including Cruising the Coast last fall and that w/o any technical issue except a little leak in the radiator and now the water pump. The car is now in storage at Shelton Classics in Mooresville, NC until we pick it up early June in order to drive to BG. The photos show the 57 Wagon in Daytona and our garage in Germany giving you a hint what we have here. Looking forward to making many new friends. Kerstin & Kai

That is an awesome wagon. My 57 started out the same way, and has been going through a transformation since.

A group of us are leaving Mooresville to drive to Bowling Green. Get in touch with me when you get to Mooresville. (704) 363-9913. My German is a little rusty though.

There is also another 57 wagon that does Power Tour. He must have some German heritage because he drives in the left lane just like it is the Autobahn.

Comment

Welcome you will have a great time!
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

welcome......welcommen....guten tag!.....ach du lieber......I don not remember almost anything I studied in high school german......hah!....eins, zwei drie, vier, funf!
        Last edited by rexdogg; March 23, 2018, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Welcome aboard and have safe trip over when you come.
          Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Welcome to the madness and I'm looking forward to seeing the wagon on tour.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Welcome,enjoy the cities and people along the way!

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
                He must have some German heritage because he drives in the left lane just like it is the Autobahn.
                In Germany they drive on the right...
                A left laner is a geisterfahrer....

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post

In Germany they drive on the right...
                  A left laner is a geisterfahrer....
                  Haha ... we are talking the left lane of the right side lanes ... that is my preferred lane over here ... my motto: left lane, hammer down ... when traveling the US I stay on the right lane of the right side ... and that could mean that I get passed by complete houses every now and then ... :-) ...

Comment

I went to live in Germany in 1978, at that time the
                    autobahn was mostly two lane.
                    In fact the autobahn I used from Hanover to
                    Wolfsburg was being made three lane.
                    The transit autobahn Helmstedt-Berlin was really scary, some areas were still 1945.

Comment

We don't drive on the left here? Damn that explains alot now!!
                      Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Welcome from an American of German descent. Many generations ago from the Frankfort area. Never been there but I have been a couple of hours up the road from you in Spangdahlem. Looking forward to seeing you & the wagon next June.
                        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

hello from a fellow wagon lover

Comment

Working...
                          X