The Gearhead Diner Is no more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gearhead Diner Is no more

WE signed the lease papers this morning. It will be known as The Pit Stop from now on.Terri Is Wore Out.Maybe we can get back to doing some traveling again. Power Tour,Cars And Cones and maybe Drag Week this year

Very happy to see you and Terri able to enjoy.... Take the well deserved break and enjoy life! Thankful to have been able to visit the GHI as it was originally known! Hey Vic, Maybe you should pull some of your favorite plates for a wall of fame in the shop?
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

It will be good to see you back on tour sometime. Good luck on your new adventures.
      Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Wish we could have made it out there. I know how much work a place like that takes, you deserve a break!
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Hate I never got up there and I know from our conversations at Gearhead Inn it was very demanding. Y'all deserve to have some laid back time and just enjoy life. Hope to see you this summer.
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

MUCH deserved rest for the weary! Sounds like a great decision, way to go Vic & Terri!
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Best wishes you guys, sad I didn't make it there to visit........
              200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Congratulations on getting a business in there that you two don't have to run! See you soon at The Gear Head Inn, followed by Cars and Cones.

Comment

Another steppingstone behind you on the path of life.

Comment

Terri & Vick sorry we never made it up to the dinner but glade you got the thing going and now it will be carried on by other's.
                    See you soon I hope.
                    Vick on a side note do you happen to know Dave Ciotti? He lives up ya'll way. He just got a nice 50 Chevy. He is one of my golf cart buddies.
                    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Congratulations taking an unused building and turning it into a successful business. Hope the new owners pick up where you left off and continue to put smiles on travelers faces. Personally I don't know how you two ran two businesses at the same time anyway. Looking forward to seeing my two "over achieving" hot rod friends on the Tour this year.
                      Cheers to you both !
                      DTB
                      DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Sorry to see it close but glad you guys will be able to come out and play more.
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Look forward to seeing you both on PT - - bar/restaurant business is very tough work.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
                            Best wishes you guys, sad I didn't make it there to visit........

DITTO! See you guys on the PT this year maybe??
                            '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                            '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                            79 Trans Am project
                            ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

We will miss the Gearhead but if you all get a break and enjoy life that all that matters. Hey if someone take the place over and calls it the Pit Stop it still sounds like a food stop we still might want to check out. please let us know what is on there menu as well. See you guys soon on Cars and Cones and the Power Tour.

Comment

Working...
                              X