Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're still in.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

We are hoping to make it. It will depend on how soon we can get out of town on Thursday. Looking forward to seeing you all.
      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
      74 Nova Project
      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
      79 Chevy Truck Project
      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Man, I sooooo wish we could make it to this! I've done the math a dozen times, but we won't be in town on Friday until after 3pm at the earliest.
        Last edited by Camaro Devin; May 9, 2018, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Another Update

We are working on the possibility of starting the show a little later in the afternoon and having Catfish Dinners! I have not asked yet what those with less sophisticated palates might have to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
            Another Update

We are working on the possibility of starting the show a little later in the afternoon and having Catfish Dinners! I have not asked yet what those with less sophisticated palates might have to choose from.
            Encouraging development! This would certainly increase the probability of us being able to attend.
            Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
            74 Nova Project
            66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
            79 Chevy Truck Project
            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Catfish sounds great, we'll be there.
              Right now the crankshaft is out of the GOAT, picked it up from the machine shop this morning from being align bored. Got a few late nights ahead of me so I try not to look at the countdown thread.
              John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
              Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                Another Update

That sounds awesome and I am going to try to be there in time............

Comment

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

Encouraging development! This would certainly increase the probability of us being able to attend.
                  Same with us depending on what time it is.
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

We'll be there just tell me the time.
                    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I'm in. Catfish sounds great!
                      2016 Corvette Stingray "Ariel"

Comment

I feel like this is aimed at me...Catfish Dinners! I have not asked yet what those with less sophisticated palates might have to choose from. Just give me some ice cream and I will be HAPPY!!
                        Donna
                        Williamston, MI
                        Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Have we heard when the veterans car show will be yet. I'm heading south on wednesday to go to Clarksville TN to my brothers house. Then go to Bowling Green on friday for the party to start.
                          Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
                            Have we heard when the veterans car show will be yet. I'm heading south on wednesday to go to Clarksville TN to my brothers house. Then go to Bowling Green on friday for the party to start.
                            I just talked with my contact last night. I think we can all plan for a 4:00pm to 7:00pm window. He sent me a picture of their fish dinners:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	VFW Catfish dinner.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	272.6 KB
ID:	1201469

We also discussed additional menu items for the non-fish folks. It COULD be either chicken nuggets/strips or barbecue. He is still working on confirming the menu with their cook.

He is also talking with a local radio station about some free advertising to get local cars and spectators.

I know that most of us are coming from out of town and will not be sure of our arrival time. This will be a flexible event - come when you can - stay until you need to go.

Eat, drink and elebrate our service personnel (past and present)

Comment

Thanks Allen!
                              Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

We plan on making it in time. "Plan" being the operative word.
                                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Working...
                                X