• Show
Clear All

No problem Al, you guy's travel safely and we'll see you on tour
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by stroker al View Post
      Dave;
      Was looking forward to being/helping at this event as I'm a retarded USAF sergeant. Have to hook up with running buddies in Springfield, Mo that morning so will get into Bowling Green around 4:00 PM. Veterans Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Visit my sons blog:
      www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post

.....I'm guessing he meant "Retired" not "Retarded".....

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro Devin View Post

.....I'm guessing he meant "Retired" not "Retarded".....
          Yep, it was supposed to put RETIRED but I sometimes jokingly say RETARD. Can't believe I'm the only retiree to say this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Page one of the string
            2017 HRPT Pics
            has pictures from last year's
            Veteran's Home -
            ................... hrpt car show
            R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
            Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
            Real SH 2019

Comment

Did a little reconnaissance last Sunday. The VFW is a little out of town - not too hard to find with a GPS. The parking isn't quite as good as I had hoped for but will be fine if the weather stays good. I am going to contact them this week to discuss this show in more detail.

Stay tuned for updates.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                Did a little reconnaissance last Sunday. The VFW is a little out of town - not too hard to find with a GPS. The parking isn't quite as good as I had hoped for but will be fine if the weather stays good. I am going to contact them this week to discuss this show in more detail.

Stay tuned for updates.
                Allen, the VFW is located on the "other" route leaving Beech Bend. Anyone not familiar with this area, when leaving Beech Bend Park, take a right on Garvin Lane to avoid the traffic back up on Beech Bend Road.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Update!

It appears that we are in a transition of command for the VFW post in Bowling Green. I talked with the incoming gentleman tonight and are starting to move forward on details and arrangements. I have asked for a list of items that the local vets might need. I would also like to try and get a head count of those that would like to attend a Friday afternoon event.

Comment

We are in buddy!
                    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

I plan on being there with two and maybe a third car.
                      1964 Chevelle
                      Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
                      LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

I'll be there! Click image for larger version

Name:	Flag Emoji.GIF
Views:	71
Size:	540 Bytes
ID:	1199673
                        '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                        '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                        79 Trans Am project
                        ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

I'm expecting to appear, but if room is needed I can be out of the way.
                          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by BangShift McT View Post
                            I'm expecting to appear, but if room is needed I can be out of the way.
                            We will make room for all that come. Just trying to have an idea of how much to plan for before we start working on overflow. I drove by the post a couple weeks ago so I have an idea of what the layout is. Do you know if the grassy area out by the street is firm enough to park cars on if it isn't wet?

Comment

We're planning on coming
                              Raf & Theresa
                              Last edited by 88MCSS LS2 6spd; May 5, 2018, 06:30 AM.
                              R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
                              Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
                              Real SH 2019

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

We will make room for all that come. Just trying to have an idea of how much to plan for before we start working on overflow. I drove by the post a couple weeks ago so I have an idea of what the layout is. Do you know if the grassy area out by the street is firm enough to park cars on if it isn't wet?
                                If it isn't wet it might be, but I wouldn't be holding my breath. (Looking out of the window at BS Mid-West and watching a duck swim in my front yard.)
                                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                                X