Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pricing and registration are open now....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

again for me - the socialization in the hotel parking lots is far more enjoyable that hanging out at the venue. You will have to work awfully hard to not have a good time - there are just too many car crazy folks to not find a group you fit in well with. The first day - Saturday - get there a little early and spend some time going through the vendors checking out what their swag is/will be and on what day is their big day. As an example, Dakota Digital does very nice "tool box covers" that I call place mats that they give away typically on one day. MSD is the premier magnets so be sure to get those each day. FOR ME - we have been doing this a while so we tend to hit the vendors for swag, get our credentials punched and head for the hotel. Being a newbie - you might want to drag your chairs up to the stage on the first day or two to check that out. They have lots of trivia and giveaways if your are into that.

Again, it is going to be very hard to not enjoy yourself and equally as hard to get it all right the first year. Our first year was 2006 and we were only doing a partial tour - Kissimmee to Blue Ridge Parkway. While driving the parkway, we were making hotel reservations for the rest of the stops because it was just too cool.

There is a very strong probability - that this won't be a one time bucket list deal! We have long hauling every year after getting a taste that first year.
    Last edited by cstmwgn; January 17, 2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

suggestion from me.....if your staying at one of the forum freaks hotels (not sure what that that is defined as)....look for a fellow dressed in a long white mechanincs garb.......maybe you may need at car wash at your hotel.....look for a guy with a long hose

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

There is a very strong probability - that this won't be a one time bucket list deal! We have long hauling every year after getting a taste that first year.
        ...yea... this was supposed to be a one time deal for me. In 2014 I could only do a couple days because of vacation and my car's transmission also decided that was long enough. So I had to come back in 2015 to run the whole thing, cause you know, bucket list... 2016 rolled around... and I just wanted to go again. 2017 was just too far away and couldn't do it. Along comes 2018 and the route literally forms a giant circle around my home... how could I not go? Right?

Because Charlotte is under two hours away, I might make the first couple runs in 2019, but that might be it.
        1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
        1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
        1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Echoing the same, 2010 last leg Birmingham to Mobile AL coming within 4 miles of my front door. I thought well I've read about it why not, been long hauling ever since.
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by FREDMAXX View Post
            The difference in cost won't make me or break me, I just want to make sure we get to enjoy this first time experience to the maximum. As a Newbie I am uncertain of the nuances of things.
            A good friend of mine & his wife went for the first time last year & she, not being a car person, insisted on the Gold Club route. Other than the kickoff night barbecue, which was catered barbecue, they though that it was a waste of money. Not much after that. And most of the time they were unable to use the special parking even when it was not full. She does have a handicapped parking pass so they used that & found it to be better anyway.
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
              suggestion from me.....if your staying at one of the forum freaks hotels (not sure what that that is defined as).....look for a guy with a long hose
              Uhhh.......no thanks!!
              Last edited by 67 Malibu; January 17, 2018, 07:44 PM.

Comment

again for me - the socialization in the hotel parking lots is far more enjoyable that hanging out at the venue. You will have to work awfully hard to not have a good time - there are just too many car crazy folks to not find a group you fit in well with. The first day - Saturday - get there a little early and spend some time going through the vendors checking out what their swag is/will be and on what day is their big day. As an example, Dakota Digital does very nice "tool box covers" that I call place mats that they give away typically on one day. MSD is the premier magnets so be sure to get those each day. FOR ME - we have been doing this a while so we tend to hit the vendors for swag, get our credentials punched and head for the hotel. Being a newbie - you might want to drag your chairs up to the stage on the first day or two to check that out. They have lots of trivia and giveaways if your are into that.

Again, it is going to be very hard to not enjoy yourself and equally as hard to get it all right the first year. Our first year was 2006 and we were only doing a partial tour - Kissimmee to Blue Ridge Parkway. While driving the parkway, we were making hotel reservations for the rest of the stops because it was just too cool.

well said Maestro -
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Well, I am all logged in. Now all we have to do is decide where to stay on our way to Bowling Green. I think we will drive to some place a little west of Knoxville on the 8th and then make a quick run to Bowling Green on the 9th getting there early enough to enjoy the day and all the new experiences of the first day. If you see bright green Studebaker Cruiser (4 door sedan) it is bound to be me. Thanks to everybody on this forum the help. I do appreciate it.
                  Last edited by JRoberts; January 18, 2018, 08:50 AM.

Comment

This will be our 10th & I believe that the registration cost has now officially doubled in that time.

Comment

On the registration form there is a place for a "Promo Code" Does anyone know what that is and will it save some money??? And yes it has doubled in the past 10 years.
                      John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                      Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0128182053.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	698.2 KB
ID:	1188125
                        as an example, Dakota Digital does very nice "tool box covers" that I call place mats that they give away typically on one day.
                        ​​​​​​​And with a little trimming, they make great mouse pads.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0128182053.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	698.2 KB
ID:	1188124 ​​​​​​​
                        John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                        Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

I can't remember which city was missing a venue (Chattanooga?), but it looks like everything is all set now:

Saturday, June 9 – Bowling Green, KY
                          Beech Bend Raceway Park

Sunday, June 10 –Chattanooga, TN
                          Chattanooga State Community College

Monday, June 11 – Hoover, AL
                          Hoover Metropolitan Stadium

Tuesday, June 12 – Hampton, GA
                          Atlanta Motor Speedway

Wednesday, June 13 – Darlington, SC
                          Darlington Raceway

Thursday, June 14 – Raleigh, NC
                          PNC Arena

Friday, June 15 – Concord, NC
                          zMAX Dragway
                          Last edited by Jesse James 80; February 5, 2018, 08:55 AM.
                          1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                          1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                          1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

I just now registered. Figured I had better do it before they decided to jack it up some more. Word to the wise; have everything within arms reach before you start. Registration, insurance info, etc. Once you start they have a 15 minute clock running before you have to start over.

Comment

Any freebies mentioned? I never got my two months of MTOD last year. Kept saying my internet settings were wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
                                Any freebies mentioned? I never got my two months of MTOD last year. Kept saying my internet settings were wrong...
                                I did notice that one. You have to check a box to decline it otherwise you automatically get it. And it is your responsibility to decline it after the two free months or they will automatically charge it to your card. I assume the one that you pay your registration with. It's one of those details. I declined because I decline all deals like that. To me it is just another way of suckering you into buying something.

Comment

Working...
                                X