No announcement yet.

BANGshift Forums Are Being Updated And Moved! READ THIS ALL FORUM PARTICIPANTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BANGshift Forums Are Being Updated And Moved! READ THIS ALL FORUM PARTICIPANTS

I know many don't leave this board, so here is an announcement from Chad.

Originally posted by BangShiftChad View Post
    Hello ladies and ladies. Or shall I say fellow hot rodding weirdos?

Anyway, thank you one and all for being such hardcore supportive BANGshifters, we truly appreciate it in every way. As a sign of that appreciation, we are going to relieve you of this horribly performing VBulletin based forum very soon and replace it with a shiny new one that should perform much better. Plus it will have that new car smell!

We know that in the past there have been issues related to the actual forum's software platform and that these have caused you all frustration and annoyance to say the least. Well I can assure you that it has caused at least as much to us as well, and it no longer makes sense to keep trying to patch this thing together and keep it running when VBulletin themselves are no longer capable of supporting and maintaining it in a way we feel serves you the best.

So we are going to build a new one and migrate this entire thing into the new platform. All the old stuff will still be here to see and you'll still keep all your current usernames. Sure, there will be some differences in the look and feel, and how some things work, but nothing out of the ordinary and nothing you smart people aren't capable of learning.

If there are any significant differences in how something works, lets say posting photos for example, then we'll have a post that explains the new process in detail so you can be up and running in just a few minutes.

We know that change is sometimes scary, and we want to make this as easy on you as possible, but change is coming. There is no way around it so we are biting the bullet and handling it with what we hope will be a much smoother, stable, and faster platform that will give far less headaches and let you guys enjoy our forums more than ever. I know that for me personally the amount of daily fiddling and maintenance has gotten so bad that I don't want to even hang out in the forums with you guys anymore. And that sucks. Hopefully this will give us all a renewed excitement for this place.

We are currently doing a migration simulation that should help us determine how long the BANGshift Forum will need to be shut off for the real migration. As soon as we have that estimate we'll share it with you and give you 24 hours notice before flipping the switch and turning off the current forum. We expect that the forum will be turned off for a couple days, but we'll give you more info as we have it. We will also be updating a splash page that you'll see instead of the forum to tell you how our progress is coming along and keep you informed of any new developments as they happen.

As usual, our moderator extraordinaire, White Monster, will be here to help us with the transition and any hand holding that is necessary. We love you guys and we want to make something that is fitting of the BANGshift name, rather than this thing that keeps dropping a cylinder and burning oil.

I want to thank White Monster for all his help and constant attention to this place. I cannot begin to tell you what a relief his continued diligence and commitment has been to me, especially during the past year or so. If he'll let us, and it is possible in the new software, I want to give him some really cool new title. He has always squashed that idea whenever I bring it up, but maybe you all can help me come up with an appropriate new title and convince him he deserves it.

If you have questions, please post them here as I will NOT be responding to PM's. WM will monitor them as well and we'll see if we can provide you some answers if time allows. Keep in mind, our priority at the moment is to get the new forum setup, all the data and such from this one migrated over, and the new one back up as smoothly and efficiently as possible.

Thanks again folks,
    Chad

Originally posted by monster View Post
    i know many don't leave this board, so here is an announcement from chad.
    /url]
    .thanks ....monster
    R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
    Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
    Real SH 2019

Comment

Sounds good. I'll keep my eyes open.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
        Sounds good. I'll keep my eyes open.
        Agreed
        R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
        Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
        Real SH 2019

Comment

New windows 10 lap top will not load Bangshift, says something about site isn’t running something ?

Comment

Get a mac Bob. The only thing better than having a mac is also being married to a mac info tech. (No, you can't have mine)
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Working...
            X