What does everyone drive on the HRPT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smalblock View Post
    Plans are to drive the '65 ChevIelle this year.
    I love the wagon

Comment

I'll be with my daughter Emily in my 1990 Camaro. First Time Long Haulers!

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro Devin View Post
        Welcome Devin! I'm sure you'll have a great time, just make sure your AC works.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

Welcome Devin! I'm sure you'll have a great time, just make sure your AC works.
          It does, but I only run it for a few minutes each year to make sure it's still functioning. We'll be rolling with the windows down & t-tops off the whole way!
          Last edited by Camaro Devin; March 1, 2018, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Great looking car!

I used to own an '86, gunmetal gray with t-tops.

I'd pull the tops, windows down, and crank the A/C on high. It's actually how I drive most of the time. I almost always have my window down with A/C on, unless the wife is with me, then it messes up her hair and the windows have to go up
            1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
            1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
            1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by FREDMAXX View Post
              My true passion is my ‘58 Apache Stepside I plan on completely modernizing after I retire this year.
              don't leave me hangin'. have any pics of the apache?
              long hauled 3 times in my 58 apache
              HRPT Long Hauler 2011, 2012, 2014

Comment

ogre great to see you posting again, you going to Power Tour this year?
                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Our 94 is Plan C for this year........love them Camaros!

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

It does, but I only run it for a few minutes each year to make sure it's still functioning. We'll be rolling with the windows down & t-tops off the whole way!
                    Very good! We'll be running with the top down all week.
                    I R Bob
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by ogre View Post

don't leave me hangin'. have any pics of the apache?
                      long hauled 3 times in my 58 apache
                      Ogre, actually I'm sad to say I sold it to move on to another project. Hopefully someone will put some life into it and make it a PT ride! This is my new project for next year. I wanted something bigger and more comfortable for my wife so she will attend these events with me.
                      Last edited by FREDMAXX; March 5, 2018, 07:47 AM.
                      2018 Long Hauler
                      1965 Chevy C10 SWB Stepside
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/781158065608127/

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
                        Great looking car!

I used to own an '86, gunmetal gray with t-tops.

I'd pull the tops, windows down, and crank the A/C on high. It's actually how I drive most of the time. I almost always have my window down with A/C on, unless the wife is with me, then it messes up her hair and the windows have to go up
                        That's funny. My wife is just the opposite - she won't sit one sweet cheek in the car unless the tops are off & windows are down. "Otherwise," she says, "what's the point?"

Comment

That's funny. My wife is just the opposite - she won't sit one sweet cheek in the car unless the tops are off & windows are down. "Otherwise," she says, "what's the point?"
                          My top is down all the time, no fun driving a convertible unless its topless. Anyone who knows me knows I have convertible hair all week on power tour, and maybe a little sunburnt too!!
                          Donna
                          Williamston, MI
                          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

a little sunburned - I'd say more than a little -
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

I rented a drop top to drive the entire PCH in 2016. We were really diligent about sunscreen and did a pretty good job about not burning. Except my wife never put any on her ears and burned the crap out of them by the 4th or 5th day. She had to wear her hair over her ears the rest of the trip. I had learned my lesson from the 2015 PT when I burned the ever loving crap out of my knees because the dash on my car is so "short" my legs were exposed to the sun. They blistered pretty bad before I knew they were even burned.
                              1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                              1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                              1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                                a little sunburned - I'd say more than a little -
                                I try to keep the suntan lotion on her but sometimes I fail.
                                I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X