First timer questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
    You register you car (on-line in advance is cheaper, should open this month) - you will then get two set of credentials on the day of check in - they usually ask for your license and registration and proof of insurance at check in too, but not always.
    Thanks. I will keep an eye out for the online registration.

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
      I will keep an eye out for the online registration.
      You won't have to ... some of the early fun we have, is the race to find the information. The first one to see registration up and running will usually make a FB post and / or start a thread here.

Comment

just my .02 - don't be scared to venture outside the route a little to see some local activities or points of interest. We go literally blocks away from some very cool places but hot rod makes very little known about them till after the tour. A lot of locals along the route have no idea we are so close. One great example was the Tupelo auto museum literally on the way and not a word about it. We no longer meet at a central point in the morning so don't be scared to explore. you will generally see a few power tour stickers at most places and yo can join the route at any point you want. check out the interesting points along the way thread

Comment

The will probably not be 6000 cars on the route. The Long Haulers usually number around 2500. The large number (6000) comes from the venue and I believe includes the locals who are not on the route.
          Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
          Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
          Kansas City 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

You won't have to ... some of the early fun we have, is the race to find the information. The first one to see registration up and running will usually make a FB post and / or start a thread here.
            Registration is open!
            2018 Long Hauler
            1965 Chevy C10 SWB Stepside
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/781158065608127/

Comment

Originally posted by FREDMAXX View Post
              Registration is open!
              Yep, saw Dave's thread yesterday at 1:30 - ha, ha, ha !

Comment

Another first timer questions.... I have been looking a some youtube videos of past Power Tours (maybe I shouldn't be do t hat) and one group said that there was a drivers meeting at 6:00 each evening? Is this true?

Comment

Another first timer questions.... I have been looking a some youtube videos of past Power Tours (maybe I shouldn't be do t hat) and one group said that there was a drivers meeting at 6:00 each evening? Is this true?
                  Welllll - back in the day the driver's meeting was in the morning at the event location. As things grew, the stopped doing that. I don't hang out at the stage but I don't believe there is an actual "drivers meeting" at the stage each evening. I do believe that they MAY announce route changes (detours, construction, oppses) but I also think you can register for text alerts on your phone for those same things.

Comment

When do we get routes and route instructions? I originally thought we got those in Bowling Green, but somewhere I saw that these things were sent or emailed to us.

Comment

We do get a copy with the registration materials, but the route is usually released a few weeks before the tour. We usually circulate a large print version of the directions for easier navigating. Sign up for the phone list if you haven't already as it has usually been sent with that.

Big Dave - I can get you the large print version when the time comes if you like.
                      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                      74 Nova Project
                      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                      79 Chevy Truck Project
                      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

When do we get routes and route instructions? I originally thought we got those in Bowling Green, but somewhere I saw that these things were sent or emailed to us.
                        HR staff drive the prospective route about two weeks before it starts, to ensure there are no last minute problems, such as; road closures, new construction projects, etc. Once it is finalized, they release the instructions in an Adobe Acrobate Reader (.PDF) file on their website.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply and answer. I was thinking they would email it out, but the numbers involved may make that a real challenge. I'll keep an eye out.

Comment

These two examples from previous year's events will show you what to expect.

This is the 2016 Driving Instructions;

Here is last year's 2017 Daily Schedule;

Comment

Working...
                            X