No announcement yet.

Veterans Home Car Show - BS'er Help in Bowling Green Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found some on my computer (Detroit VA 2012) but I can't figure out how to get them posted. If you PM me your e-mail I can e-mail you some Mc.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Thanks for taking this worthwhile project on.

Last edited by oletrux4evr; January 4, 2018, 08:31 AM.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Here is what I have from 2014:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5507.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1185380

Name:	IMG_5498.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	1185381

Name:	IMG_5506.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	1185382

Name:	IMG_5504.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	1185383

Name:	IMG_5499.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	1185384

Name:	IMG_5502.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	1185385

Name:	IMG_5501.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	1185386

Name:	IMG_5503.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	1185387

Name:	IMG_5505.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	1185388
        Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
        74 Nova Project
        66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
        79 Chevy Truck Project
        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by BangShift McT View Post
          Just bringing this back to the surface. Are there any pictures available, or did PhotoF-It trash them all? And do you want them to have food/drinks on hand? I'll be putting this together and presenting it to them in-between photo shoots at the KOTH race, so I want my ducks in a row ASAP.
          If it's a VFW Post just open the bar - we're good.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Presented the offer today during the VFW's monthly meeting. Everything seemed to be good. VFW is willing to open up the lot for Thurs and Sat as well, depending on your needs, and they can handle local PR to get some people out there to check out the rides. Whoever wants to head this up, let me know via PM and I'll put you in touch with a point man at the VFW...I'm expecting to be working races during that week.
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by BangShift McT View Post
              Presented the offer today during the VFW's monthly meeting. Everything seemed to be good. VFW is willing to open up the lot for Thurs and Sat as well, depending on your needs, and they can handle local PR to get some people out there to check out the rides. Whoever wants to head this up, let me know via PM and I'll put you in touch with a point man at the VFW...I'm expecting to be working races during that week.
              Has anyone reached out to you yet?
              I am in Florida so I am probably not the best person to coordinate this deal BUT if no one else can, please let me know. I know that there are several folks on here that have coordinated these visits in their area for past tours and therefore have more experience than I do with what needs to be done.

In my opinion, we only need Friday as we will be busy on Saturday with the formal PowerTour event and gone early on Sunday for the next town. Since a lot of us will be traveling in from far distances, it would seem prudent to set the times from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. If the facility has a cafeteria and would like to allow the car folks to eat there, then I am sure most would take advantage of the offer.

If anyone close / local to Bowling Green can take this on, please speak up as the vets really seem to enjoy seeing the older cars.
              If no one can take this on, please send me the contact info and I will reach out and talk with the folks there.

Thank you for helping get this started.

Comment

cstmwgn , if you don't hear from me in a bit, PM me and I'll put you in touch with the folks out there.
                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Big Dave please put something in the title of this thread referring to the "veterans". It's easy to overlook the thread when it just Says: "somebody in or near Bowling Green". Thanks.
                  John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                  Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post
                    Big Dave please put something in the title of this thread referring to the "veterans". It's easy to overlook the thread when it just Says: "somebody in or near Bowling Green". Thanks.
                    Bangshift McT is working on something on. Maybe we can get an update soon.
                    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post
                      Please put something in the title of this thread referring to the "veterans".
                      Done.

Comment

I have been a participant at several of these but never stepped up to take on the responsibility of making it happen. I have said IF we can't find someone local to help coordinate then I would do my best from here (Florida). My thoughts are that if at all possible the parking area should be "convenient" to the facility so the vets that have mobility challenges can get out to see the cars. This often is challenging in busy facilities like last years so someone at the facility has to determine what parking area can be allocated to us. It needs to be blocked off early in the day which will be difficult to do for "out of town BSers".

If there is a local that is willing to assist but hesitant that they don't know what is needed, then I will volunteer Big Dave or Ed to provide excellent guidance or myself if no one with more knowledge is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post

Bangshift McT is working on something on. Maybe we can get an update soon.
                          Thanks to everyone involved, every little bit helps to get a good turnout.
                          John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                          Western North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Done.
                            Thanks!
                            John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                            Western North Carolina

Comment

I'll be glad to help any way I can.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

74NovaMan
                                2014 VA stop pics
                                Nice thanks
                                R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
                                Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
                                Real SH 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X