Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 HRPT things to See along what might be the Route.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redline04 View Post

My hotel is at the same exit as Summit, so I will definitely be there
    At Summit racing, need a carb. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180523_184246.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	746.7 KB
ID:	1202176
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Originally posted by smalblock View Post

There is already a cruise in scheduled at Summit on Monday night, June 11.
      That don't do us much good for Tuesday night Jack!
      Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post

That's a pre-planned show. I dropped a line to the pr people at summit for June 11th. Let's see if they respond.
        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post

Yep, you are correct.
          Last edited by smalblock; May 23, 2018, 11:37 PM.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

• Got to keep the summit thing on the down low. When Susan aka DW (dear wife) hears the word summit she changes into a different person.
            I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

• Originally posted by mike327 View Post
              Got to keep the summit thing on the down low. When Susan aka DW (dear wife) hears the word summit she changes into a different person.
              Buy her a SUMMIT T-Shirt
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

Buy her a SUMMIT T-Shirt -
                Last year I bought the wife an Anniversary gift (every year I am gone for our Anniversary) - 32 years is plastic - so I bought her a wheel well (long handled) brush from Mother's. She was always stealing my tire brush to clean grass clippings off her outdoor flower pots. Fixed.
                Last edited by 70chevyC-10; May 24, 2018, 05:44 AM.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                  Phil “I like the way you do business”
                  I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

• I just had co-worker of mine point out a place interest for us car nuts which the route will actually take us by the place he told me about on day 5 from Darlington to Raleigh in Lillington NC we will pass by East Coast Classic Cars......which will be about 40 miles from end the route that day.........

.....the info comes courtesy of my co-worker Erikon "Rosie" Rosamond who stationed at Camp Lajeune NC......he also suggest you try out the local BBQ chain of Smithfields Chicken 'n BBQ which we pass a few of those on the Power Tour route......

Menu **prices shown are a guideline and show recommended pricing, pricing at individual locations may vary, please contact your local store** Door Dash Delivery now available at select locations use our Order Now Button Online ordering prices may vary due to added fees associated with these platforms
                    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

• for johnny cash fans i believe the house he grew up in is near tupelo

Comment

• Originally posted by corvettedad View Post

That's a pre-planned show. I dropped a line to the pr people at summit for June 11th. Let's see if they respond.

They hold a theme cruise in every Monday night. That Monday is old school and rat rods. I was down there last week and asked a manager if they had anything planned and he looked confused as to what powertour was so I don't have much hope for anything going on. I have a feeling that the parts store disease is spreading.
                        Visit my sons blog:
                        www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

• actually i believe it is the poor marketing by hot rod it is amazing how many auto related places i stop at on the tour which have no clue the power tour is coming

Comment

• Originally posted by 59brook View Post
                            for johnny cash fans i believe the house he grew up in is near tupelo
                            It must have been someone besides Johnny Cash. He was from Arkansas. Elvis lived in Tupelo until he was a teenager. His birthplace/early home/museum is in Tupelo.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

• J. R. Cash was born on February 26, 1932 in Kingsland, Arkansas, to Ray Cash and Carrie Cloveree (née Rivers).
                              Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

• The route will take you right past Dale Earnhardt Inc.

Thursdays - Fridays - Saturdays 11am - 2pm

Very cool place to see. Just South ( across the street ) of DEI you will see Dale Jr.s first house on the right, it is a grey house with a red brick garage behind it. He no longer lives there. It was basically a small older home that went through some extensive remodeling once he started racing.

Comment

Working...
                                X