Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 HRPT things to See along what might be the Route.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North Carolina Racing Hall of Fame is open on Saturday 10-3

Memory lane Auto Museum open 10-5 on Saturday and right down the road.

Over 100 vehicles on display, NASCAR museum, Antique Automobiles, Movie Cars, Muscle Cars, Toys, Tractors, Memoribilia! Located in Mooresville, NC

Comment

Originally posted by dianeokie View Post

They've also filmed Walking Dead in Covington.........the town is really awesome and lots of places to eat, but it will be early to eat there. As time gets closer, I'll try to scope some places out for us.

I'm also going to recommend Barber Motorsports Park and Museum. Was a great place to visit this weekend, and although the museum is mainly motorcycles, there are also some cars there. Really cool place, $15pp
      i agree though it only has a few cars the design and display at the barber museum is incredible and worth the time for any gearhead

Comment

11foot8 Bridge is just north Raleigh

One man decided to document crash after crash on the same low lying bridge in Durham, North Carolina on his webcam, but officials there still have yet to fix...

Comment

This place is great. Planes, trains and automobiles:

Leaving Petty's lunch stop it is right off I85 in Spencer and just a short drive north of Zmax.

They are open 7 days a week.

If anyone is interested in going here on Saturday, after Power Tour, I will set up a tour, or you can self tour.

During the summer they have events on most weekend days, unfortunately Saturday June 16th no special events. This could work out well if we have a group of people wanting to do a tour.

If you read the Steam Town Blog, it is a very similar place just adding in cars, trucks, planes and actual train rides.

Maybe we do a Bangshift long haulers picture with the cars in front of the round house...
          Last edited by htrdharley; March 28, 2018, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jnight32 View Post
            11foot8 Bridge is just north Raleigh

One man decided to document crash after crash on the same low lying bridge in Durham, North Carolina on his webcam, but officials there still have yet to fix...
            YES! One of my all-time favorite things to watch on YouTube. I'm definitely gonna have to check it out.
            2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
            1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
            1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
              This place is great. Planes, trains and automobiles:

Leaving Petty's lunch stop it is right off I85 in Spencer and just a short drive north of Zmax.

They are open 7 days a week.

If anyone is interested in going here on Saturday, after Power Tour, I will set up a tour, or you can self tour.

During the summer they have events on most weekend days, unfortunately Saturday June 16th no special events. This could work out well if we have a group of people wanting to do a tour.

If you read the Steam Town Blog, it is a very similar place just adding in cars, trucks, planes and actual train rides.

Maybe we do a Bangshift long haulers picture with the cars in front of the round house...
              THE NC TRANS MUSEUM HAS SOME NEAT STUFF . i think mike curb has a nascar museum nearby . htrdharley do you know anything about it. i ws to the trans museum a few yrs ago and missed the nascar museum

Comment

Yes, Curbs place is in Kannapolis, probably 20 minutes or so from Z max and just south of the NC Transportation Museum.. For the Dale Earnhardt fans his memorial is just about 3 blocks away.
                Last edited by htrdharley; April 30, 2018, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post

YES! One of my all-time favorite things to watch on YouTube. I'm definitely gonna have to check it out.
                  Just watched video and am surprised train tracks haven’t given way. Will definitely go see this.

Comment

Not sure how close to this we will be going, but it is a nice drive up 52.
                    Sonny Beachum Classic Car Museum

Ansonville, North Carolina

Address: 8832 Main St, Wadesboro, NC 28170

Phone: (704) 695-5999

Comment

Mike Curb's involvement in the music industry has been a diversely rewarding one -- during his 30-year career he has earned success as a songwriter, producer and record company owner. Today, he serves as Chairman of Curb Records, which has been honored by Billboard magazine as the 2001 Billboard Country Music Label Of The Year. Curb also serves as Chairman of Word Entertainment. Curb's music companies are located in Nashville, Tennessee, where Curb and his family also reside.

In Kannapolis not far from Z Max

Comment

On the Sunday drive down TN 111, Fall Creek Falls State Park is one of Tennessee's most scenic parks and a short detour off the route. Fall Creek Falls, located in the park is the highest falls east of the Rockies. Tennessee state parks also have great restaurants.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post
                          On the Sunday drive down TN 111, Fall Creek Falls State Park is one of Tennessee's most scenic parks and a short detour off the route. Fall Creek Falls, located in the park is the highest falls east of the Rockies. Tennessee state parks also have great restaurants.
                          Jack you sure about that?

Whitewater Falls is the highest waterfall east of the Rockies, falling 811 ft.! The Upper Falls plummets 411 ft. and is 60 miles from downtown Asheville in the Nantahala National Forest. It's on the Whitewater River in the Jocassee Gorge area of North Carolina - in Jackson County.
                          Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

another thing about the nc train museum it that the song the wreck of the ol 97 is written about heading to this location as the museum was the train station in spencer

Comment

JUNKYARDS................
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post

Jack you sure about that?

Whitewater Falls is the highest waterfall east of the Rockies, falling 811 ft.! The Upper Falls plummets 411 ft. and is 60 miles from downtown Asheville in the Nantahala National Forest. It's on the Whitewater River in the Jocassee Gorge area of North Carolina - in Jackson County.
                                Not sure of anything, Andy. According to their webpage it's "the highest waterfall in the eastern United States". Whitewater Falls claims to be the highest "series" of waterfalls and cascades in the eastern US. We'll have to check it out the next time we are in that area of NC. We have seen some pretty falls in that part of NC.
                                Last edited by smalblock; May 12, 2018, 11:33 PM.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X