Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 HRPT things to See along what might be the Route.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 HRPT things to See along what might be the Route.

locals or ? Post places along what Maybe the Route that Has to be seen!
    junk yards, speed shops, fab shops, National/State Parks.
    Never on the Route Crew
    thanks

Chattanooga : You must Drive to Top of Overlook Mnt.

Comment

There is a Tow Truck Museum there also

Comment

Problem in Atlanta is the traffic. It will be horrible north of the speedway the time most will roll in. Cool thing is Summit racing is not far from there and I bet they open up the lot for a impromptu car show. They do Monday evening shows thruout the summer but I bet they make a exception. And if you need something then you are right there.
        Visit my sons blog:
        www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Lots of History in the South. The route may go near Camden SC: https://www.historiccamden.org/

Also : http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/

The route may be near these areas. Some laps around Carolina Motorsports Park would be cool.

Comment

coker tire in Chattanooga summit racing not far from Atlanta Birmingham has the barber museum and possibly the sloth furnace historical site

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
              Problem in Atlanta is the traffic. It will be horrible north of the speedway the time most will roll in. Cool thing is Summit racing is not far from there and I bet they open up the lot for a impromptu car show. They do Monday evening shows thruout the summer but I bet they make a exception. And if you need something then you are right there.
              Couldn't we come down 27 from Chattanooga to some back roads to get to AMS? If not, how much worse could it be then Chicago at the same time?

Comment

Dale said today he drives these roads daily.

Comment

A few years ago pumpkin took us on a route down the Lafayette Road just South of Chattanooga through the Chickamauga Battlefield. A beautiful drive, well worth it. The route might go that way........
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Talladega is an hour east of B'Ham, on the way to Atlanta. With Atlanta, Darlington & Charolette, this could almost be the NASCAR tour.
                    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Lookout Mountain Scenic Highway is a nice drive from Chattanooga towards Birmingham. It was on the route several years ago.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Couldn't we come down 27 from Chattanooga to some back roads to get to AMS? If not, how much worse could it be then Chicago at the same time?
                        Im talking about things to do after the venue. There are a bunch of ways to get to AMS that will avoid traffic. Getting from B'ham to AMS I'm hoping for a run along 278 or maybe swing south thru Newnan then up.

Visit my sons blog:
                        www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post

Im talking about things to do after the venue. There are a bunch of ways to get to AMS that will avoid traffic. Getting from B'ham to AMS I'm hoping for a run along 278 or maybe swing south thru Newnan then up.
                          The drive through Newnan is nice. I agree !!!

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

Comment

Outside of Atlanta and on the way to Darlington, Covington/Conyers, GA...where they filmed some of the early Dukes Of Hazzard episodes. Expect to see a few Dodge Chargers peeling off there.

Problem with that is that it'll be a long day already...may have to get an early start to see some of this stuff...
                            2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                            1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                            1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

If the people that choose our daily routes do a little research and ask a few locals opinions, Power Tour 2018 could be one of the most scenic ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X