2018 Spring Blooms Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    We'll be there but most likely will leave at O dark 30 on Sunday well ahead of the main group.
    I/wee will go with you, that's our style. I say, before contemplating getting out of bed that early at GHI.....
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

We'll be there but most likely will leave at O dark 30 on Sunday well ahead of the main group.
      Who do you think are you kidding?! I've seen you on the road before. You could leave late and still pass the "main group" along the way.
      Non-denominational car nut.
      Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
      Do you go all the way?

Comment

BUMP. I just spoke with Mary at GHI. From the BangShift Bunch, only we Wees and John & Kathy have made reservations there for April 20-21. Vic & Terri, Charles, cstmwgn, any/everybody else, tally ho!

Comment

I have reservations - Mary may not realize i am with the Bangshift crew

Edit:

Or perhaps someone has shared with her an opinion of us so we are booked across the street
          Last edited by cstmwgn; April 1, 2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Or perhaps someone has shared with her an opinion of us so we are booked across the street
            Across the street is gone. Jim and Mary set up lawn chairs quite a while back and watched the Teddy Bear Inn get bulldozed. Rats ran everywhere in all directions, by all accounts.

Comment

Unfortunately I won't be making the trip to the Gearhead Inn this year. I've moved my mom into my home and have become a "caretaker/caregiver".
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Dave I know this has been a big life changing experience but you are a good man & son. Your mom will live in comfort and good care. If there is anything we can do just ask. Thinking about you and your mom. Take care and we will keep the light on for you!
                Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Bad news; Strong storms moved through NC (and pretty much everywhere else) last night. Good news; Weather is looking good for the S.B. Tour and the Cars/Cones pre-game party! Hope to make it to the GearHead by dinner time. (I can leave early in the day but others in my group have to do something called "work".)
                  Do you go all the way?

Comment

Gonna miss you guys ( and gal's )
                    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Unit and I have made the executive decision that we will leave the GHI area on Saturday and start toward Jasper and see how far we get before we get tired of driving. Red's hard for Unit to ride in for distance, she starts squirming and grunting after a couple hours. I go cross-eyed and SHOULD stop the car after about 5 hours. And we want to avoid Sunday's Power Tour Syndrome, where you HAVE to pound on it all day and you HAVE to get to Point B on the clock, or else.

Comment

Since this was going to be my first time at the Gear Head Inn - what is the general plan for Saturday?
                        If the main group is going to move on towards Jasper then I need to make some changes to my reservations.

Comment

Since this was going to be my first time at the Gear Head Inn - what is the general plan for Saturday?
                          If the main group is going to move on towards Jasper then I need to make some changes to my reservations.
                          Allen, the Saturday at GHI has historically been some kind of a day trip adventure to somewhere and back and then another blowout party Saturday night. I certainly can't speak for another soul's plans, but that drive to Jasper all day on Sunday has me intimidated, I/we don't want to do it. If I had to bet, and I quit betting a long time ago,I'd bet everybody else but we Wees will stay at GHI for Saturday and do the Power Tour thing to Jasper on Sunday.

Comment

Well we made a command decision last night and cancelled our reservations at Gear Head Inn. We will make it sometime but have decided to drive up 75 to Murfreesboro on Saturday.
                            Have fun - maybe next time!

Comment

The drive from the GearHead Inn to Jasper (via Tail of the Dragon) is 7.5 hrs. The alternative route through Pigeon Forge saves about 25 minutes. I've got two cars coming from Raleigh and we are staying at GHI both nights and then heading to Jasper fairly early Sunday. We'll see you Friday evening.
                              Do you go all the way?

Comment

I had to snicker when you said "plans for Saturday". That's what makes the GHI such a fun time, there aren't many plans and when there are plans they usually are subject to change.
                                But...with Cars and Cones and some of the regulars not attending (they will all be greatly missed), this one will be different, not bad, just different. Speaking of different....The GTO will not be making the GHI, yesterday I found about 1/16" of thrust movement in the crankshaft. The engine will need MAJOR work before Power Tour. Oh well, Kathy's Tacoma is almost vintage. Mary, do you have a Toyota room??
                                John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                                Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Working...
                                X