2018 Spring Blooms Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Spring Blooms Tour

We all broke up and scattered before we had the Big Talk about the Spring date. Some of us are doing Cars & Cones April 23-27. Terri suggested that we tie those events together, leave GHI to go to Indiana for the start of Cars and Cones. Which would be fine except we'll be at GHI with a truckload of sound equipment, tools for fun.

I submit, and only for discussion, I submit maybe we do GHI either April 13-14 or maybe May 4-5. But that's just me being selfish and these days we can make just about anything happen at our house, because we can. And if you have a better 2018 calendar to look at other than what I'm looking at, I'm only thinking those are weekend dates, we need a 2018 calendar to look at.

What say thees? Ideas? Thoughts? Transgressions? Paradoxes? We need to book the place whenever we decide.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Weekend of April 27, 28, 29 doesn't work for me, I'm just sayin'. Throw that in the suggestion hat.
    John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
    Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post
      Weekend of April 27, 28, 29 doesn't work for me, I'm just sayin'. Throw that in the suggestion hat.
      Like. EDIT: As in, that doesn't work for us either.
      Last edited by pdub; October 23, 2017, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Come on folks, let's nail something.

Comment

Sorry guys. We are doing the Cars & Cones trip again so the only way for us Marylanders to hit the GHI would have to be during the trip to NC from IN but we are not sure of the routes yet.

Comment

Originally posted by novadriver View Post
            Sorry guys. We are doing the Cars & Cones trip again so the only way for us Marylanders to hit the GHI would have to be during the trip to NC from IN but we are not sure of the routes yet.
            Let's don't rule anything out, let's brainstorm. We're doing C&C too, and Terri and Vic and Dave are too, pretty sure. We could leave Bubba the Truck at GHI for a week and then go back to get him on the way back home. Which would then be April 20-21 at GHI. We could convoy to IN for the start of C&C.

Comment

I just talked with Mary, she's more than good with us dumping Bubba the Truck there for a week. What a sweet lady. SO let's focus on April 20-21 at GHI? Who all will that work for? Or we can do something else. Anything else, as long as we can all get together. That's all that matters.

Comment

April 20-22 works for me
                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

I've gone ahead and reserved April 20-21 at GHI for Unit and me. I know some of us will be doing Cars and Cones, and we can tie that together. I'm just glad Mary is okay with us leaving Bubba the truck there while we're gone doing Car and Cones.

BUT let's see what works out the best for the majority of folks. I don't want to be the one to declare the GHI date, I'm just saying I've given Mary the heads up that it may be those dates, 20-21. I told Mary to be expecting some BS phone calls if that's okay with the most of us. If that doesn't work out, she'll get a call from me saying, hold it, that didn't work after all.

I'm only trying to play center field here because now I have time to do it. The final decision should be up to all of us.

Comment

I called Terri, interrupted her at work, she says they're okay with 20-21. She recommended those dates to begin with.

Comment

Sorry Peewee phone was turned off, had John at Dr office in Mobile ( ck up ). I have no idea of my schedule. Y'all pick the date and I'll just have to wait and see.
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                        Y'all pick the date and I'll just have to wait and see.
                        Haven't heard back yet from John and Kathy. This has GOT to be a decision by committee.

But it's definitely trending toward April 20-21.

Comment

Hi Gang! I want to first say that I was very sad to have missed the Fall Colors Tour with ya'll. My back blew up and I could drive, ride, or stand up unassisted that week. It about killed me to call Mary and cancel. I'm better, but not 100% yet. Did get to spend last week at the GHI with the GTO/G8 peeps, but had to ride with somebody else (with fancy, heated seats).
                          I'm in for C&C in the spring and like the idea of having a mini P/T to Jasper. That's a 400+ mile drive on Sunday (which leaves little time for shenanigans on Saturday night). Hate that John and Kathy can't make it to the late April date. My crew of Raleigh Holden Enthusiasts (GTO, G8, SS sedan, Caprice cop cars) will be at GHI on May 3-6. Don't know if there's enough room at the Inn (or in my liver) to have both groups together at the same time again. Watching this thread carefully...
                          Non-denominational car nut.
                          Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                          Do you go all the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Impala_Guy View Post
                            I'm in for C&C in the spring and like the idea of having a mini P/T to Jasper. That's a 400+ mile drive on Sunday (which leaves little time for shenanigans on Saturday night).
                            Hey Charles! Yeah, come Sunday morning we've got to GO if that's what we come up with. I like the convoy thing, too. I'm all in favor of it. GHI is about 2 hours in the wrong direction for us to get to Jasper on Sunday, as opposed to starting from Weeville Home Base. But GHI is always a great place to get us all together. And what a great place to start from for a grand adventure. And yeah, we can leave Saturday night alone, maybe a movie. Or not. Or bed. Whoever shuts down the fire pit on Saturday night is likely not going on Cars and Cones.

Can we weld it? 20-21?

Comment

Shut down the fire pit and NOT go on Car's and Cone's!! Surely you jest, you haven't seen me on HRPT
                              Last edited by corvettedad; October 26, 2017, 05:25 PM.
                              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
                              X