No announcement yet.

Cars & Cones Road Trip 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well said Jack - - our hearts are with both you and your Mom Dave, hang in there buddy.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Can one of you "face bookers" check out their facebook page to see what they have posted for driving directions?

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
        Can one of you "face bookers" check out their facebook page to see what they have posted for driving directions?
        It's all good. Just show up at Ridetech and they will let us know of any changes. This is no worries cause it's small group. Not like the Power Tour where you are always trying to stay one step ahead of the other 1,000 people just sit back and enjoy the ride this time.

Comment

Originally posted by novadriver View Post

It's all good. Just show up at Ridetech and they will let us know of any changes. This is no worries cause it's small group. Not like the Power Tour where you are always trying to stay one step ahead of the other 1,000 people just sit back and enjoy the ride this time.
          I checked with our local surgery center - I can't get an appointment for a lobotomy before we need to leave so a "don't worry - just follow me" approach most likely won't work

I guess we can program the GPS on Sunday night if necessary.

Comment

Allen - There is not a lot of detail out there. Check your email though.
            Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
            74 Nova Project
            66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
            79 Chevy Truck Project
            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Here you go Allen hot off the press:

Attention FM3 Road Trippers - we have a venue change. Monday and Tuesday's autocross events will be held at Kil-Kare Speedway and Drag Strip in Xenia, OH. Monday's autocross will be 12-5pm, followed by Forgeline tours and dinner; Tuesday's autocross will be 10-2pm, then we will head to Lexington for dinner and the charity auction. You will receive a supplemental insert for your route book when you register at RideTech, with directions to the new venue. Fear not, it will only add about 30 minutes to your Monday drive. Kil-Kare came through for us on very short notice - if you have a chance, please go to the Kil-Kare Speedway website, click on "contact us" and leave a short note to tell them thanks for stepping up. www.kilkare.com

Comment

Unit and I have made the executive decision that we will leave the GHI area on Saturday and start toward Jasper and see how far we get before we get tired of driving. Red's hard for Unit to ride in for distance, she starts squirming and grunting after a couple hours. I go cross-eyed and SHOULD stop the car after about 5 hours. And we want to avoid Sunday's Power Tour Syndrome, where you HAVE to pound on it all day and you HAVE to get to Point B on the clock, or else.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
                  Allen - There is not a lot of detail out there. Check your email though.
                  Thanks Chris

It gives me a start - with a lot of guesses.

Comment

Will get into Jasper Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone Sunday
                    BLUE STREAK

Comment

• Originally posted by novadriver View Post
                      Here you go Allen hot off the press:

Attention FM3 Road Trippers - we have a venue change. Monday and Tuesday's autocross events will be held at Kil-Kare Speedway and Drag Strip in Xenia, OH. Monday's autocross will be 12-5pm, followed by Forgeline tours and dinner; Tuesday's autocross will be 10-2pm, then we will head to Lexington for dinner and the charity auction. You will receive a supplemental insert for your route book when you register at RideTech, with directions to the new venue. Fear not, it will only add about 30 minutes to your Monday drive. Kil-Kare came through for us on very short notice - if you have a chance, please go to the Kil-Kare Speedway website, click on "contact us" and leave a short note to tell them thanks for stepping up. www.kilkare.com
                      Thank You

Now I have to figure out if we are going to alter our plans and not go to the Gear Head Inn. It adds a few hours to our trip.

Comment

• Like Chris said, it is a much smaller group than PT, and the book they give you with the written directions is actually readable at a high rate of speed. It is a different program than PT. I have never programed in the route on the GPS ( because we never get it until the last minute) and it has never been a problem.

The trip on Sunday to Ride Tech has not changed that I am aware of. Mondays trip is slightly longer.

Anyone that wants to meet in Bowling Green KY on Saturday night let me know. That is our stop, we will probably relax in BG that night and the next morning then head to Jasper.

Comment

• Heading from Atlanta to Jasper on Saturday for Cars and Cones. Hope to meet customwagon along the way.
                          Last edited by TIGERSNAKE; April 18, 2018, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by novadriver View Post

I dont think Alan knows how to sit back and relax. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TIGERSNAKE View Post

I dont think Alan knows how to sit back and relax. Lol
                              Come on guys - it is easy! You just push down on that little pedal on the right till it hits the floor.

But the problem is that at my age, it is pretty freakin hard to read those little street signs while sitting back and relaxing.

Comment

• A small group of us are going to the Corvette Museum in BG on Sunday Morning, then driving the old C&C route from last year to Jasper. This was a very nice drive up through the Hoosier Forrest.

We plan on getting into Jasper mid afternoon. Anyone interested in Joining us let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                X