Cars & Cones Road Trip 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From an email I received on 2/23

Lastly, we have had a couple spots open up - If you know anyone that would like to join our fun - Please have them reach out to Carrie this week for we will be ordering credentials next week and submitting our entry list to Goodguys for the weekend at Raleigh. If you have not submitted your guest for the week, or if you have had a change of vehicle, please get that information to Carrie NO LATER than

Comment

It looks like the party is starting at 12 on Sunday in Jasper. Anyone have any suggestions for stuff to see or do between the Gear Head Diner and Jasper on Saturday? I had originally planned to drive to Auburn and tour the car museums, but that may be a tight schedule to keep and still make the party in Jasper.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
        It looks like the party is starting at 12 on Sunday in Jasper. Anyone have any suggestions for stuff to see or do between the Gear Head Diner and Jasper on Saturday? I had originally planned to drive to Auburn and tour the car museums, but that may be a tight schedule to keep and still make the party in Jasper.
        WOW, the puter says it's a bit over 7 hours on the wheel from GHI (The INN, not the Diner) to Jasper. The way we never get started, we might all be there about dark-30.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Will probably need to see a pegged speedometer to get there in time for any shenanigans.
          Non-denominational car nut.
          Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
          Do you go all the way?

Comment

I suspect we will roll out early - after all - somebody has to shake the trees!

Comment

Looks like the Mooresville crew is driving to Bowling Green on Saturday, then to Jasper on Sunday.

Comment

4 weeks to go

How many still have work to do on your car?

I still have rear coilovers to install, front springs, sway bar links, alignment, 4 new tires, and just spring maintenance to preform.
                Last edited by GTPilot88; March 22, 2018, 10:39 PM.
                Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
                  4 weeks to go

How many still have work to do on your car?

I still have rear coilovers to install, front springs, sway bar links, alignment, 4 new tires, and just spring maintenance to preform.
                  New engine is still under construction and most of the car is gutted...I thought I would be doing shake down runs by now.

Comment

Brakes all the way around. finish the A/C install. Hope new wheels get here and fit right???? still being made!!! Change fuel tank and fuel system in hopes of fixing the fuel gauge, And who knows what else to worry about. Plus finish the Basement in the house and built a deck from the porch to the pool. Mulch the yard and start mowing two nights a week. Hell we got this!!!!

Comment

Hey guy's I've had to withdraw from the Cars & Cones event this year. I've taken my mom into my home and have become a "caretaker/caregiver". I'll miss seeing all you guys, have fun and travel safely.
                      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                        Hey guy's I've had to withdraw from the Cars & Cones event this year. I've taken my mom into my home and have become a "caretaker/caregiver". I'll miss seeing all you guys, have fun and travel safely.
                        We will miss you Dave but we all understand. You know we allow moms on the trip too. she would have a blast just have to take it easy in the turns sometimes they get mad about that. Just kidding your a good man brother and she is lucky you are looking out for her. You all are in our prayers as we travel along the winding roads.

Comment

You going to make Power Tour?

Comment

NHRA is at Z Max drag way in Concord April 27-29th for anyone wanting to check that out after Cars & Cones.

Comment

Probably won't make Power Tour either. Haven't canceled reservations yet just waiting to see how thing develop with mom.
                              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Probably won't make Power Tour either. Haven't canceled reservations yet just waiting to see how thing develop with mom.
                                There will be other power tours but not another mom. You made the right deicison.
                                Last edited by smalblock; April 4, 2018, 02:38 PM.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X