Cities for 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 67 Camaro View Post
    That's fine too. My favorite of our nine long hauls was 2011. Coco Beach to Detroit. But I have never bought the driving distances & venues argument to going west. Even if they went to a smaller venue people would figure out where to stay & make it work. If you want cooler they could head across the northern states to the Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, etc. As it stands, we keep criss-crossing the same places every couple of years. Friend of mine that I had not seen since May said to me yesterday, "We have been talking for hours now & you haven't said one word about the power tour. Everything go OK? " Enough said.
    My favorite Tour was '06, spent part of 2 days on the Blue Ridge Pkwy. Beautiful scenery, nice twisty road & cool. Just being "up North" doesn't necessarily means it's cool. I ordered a book from Tex Smith's publishing Co. in Idaho one summer. When the guy taking the order saw I was in Fla. he asked how hot it was. I said 92, he said it was 102 in Idaho!
    LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

I agree about 06. Blue Ridge Parkway was an unforgettable two days. Maybe we can head east and do the Blue Ridge Parkway and Tail of the Dragon.
      1964 Chevelle
      Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
      LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
        My favorite Tour was '06, spent part of 2 days on the Blue Ridge Pkwy. Beautiful scenery, nice twisty road & cool. Just being "up North" doesn't necessarily means it's cool. I ordered a book from Tex Smith's publishing Co. in Idaho one summer. When the guy taking the order saw I was in Fla. he asked how hot it was. I said 92, he said it was 102 in Idaho!
        You are preaching to the choir on the heat issue. We are only a couple of hours south of South Dakota & it was over 100* here 4 days last week. Including 105* on Friday. With extreme humidity. But that 102* in Idaho would not have nearly the humidity that 92* in Florida does. That said, the heat does not bother me personally all that much. I tend to look at the 2016 heat (Gonzales to KC) as the exception. And I have never been to the Blue Ridge Parkway so lets go.
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I always think of Idaho as west I guess. West = hot, South = hot. This year was certainly an exception though, very hot in Iowa.
          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by dand38s View Post
            I agree about 06. Blue Ridge Parkway was an unforgettable two days. Maybe we can head east and do the Blue Ridge Parkway and Tail of the Dragon.
            I like that idea!
            LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

here's a couple of ideas.....a) BG to start, then south through KY and TN, and then north through Ohio, and finish in Detroit (Milford proving ground).....or......start in BG, then south go south....KY, Tennessee, Alabama, then finish in Florida
              Last edited by rexdogg; July 23, 2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

I think we're headed to Detroit. Chatted with two people at Ididit the other day, and neither had any indication that we might swing by there, so only time will tell...........ain't speculation grand?
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                  I think we're headed to Detroit. Chatted with two people at Ididit the other day, and neither had any indication that we might swing by there, so only time will tell...........ain't speculation grand?
                  ​I'm for Detroit and the Proving Ground !!

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

The proving Grounds were fun.

Another suggestion is Sky Line drive and the Shenandoah Valley in VA.

Comment

If they go through Ohio they should check out kil kare speedway this time for the venue. Drag racing autocross plenty of parking area concession. Hotels not to far away plenty of shopping if needed close to the highway. kilkarespeedway .com
                      Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

I've got an idea - with all of the speculation and conjecture, IF the Power Tour comes through Chattanooga next year, let's have the BangShift World Championship Pool Tournament that night at Weeville. Single elimination, so it doesn't take all night. With lots of eating involved. And a "few" beers.

Some legendary BS folks have been here before. Y'all know where we are. Just sayin. And "if."
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post

​I'm for Detroit and the Proving Ground !!
                          I have a feeling we will be in Detroit in 2019 for the 25th Anniversary of HRPT. Unnamed source told me this.
                          Todd Des Moines IA HRPT 08 Short Haul 4 STOPS ----HOOKED LH 09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 Planning 19

Comment

Originally posted by 71Z-28 View Post

I have a feeling we will be in Detroit in 2019 for the 25th Anniversary of HRPT. Unnamed source told me this.
                            This could also be the starting point for 2019.
                            Todd Des Moines IA HRPT 08 Short Haul 4 STOPS ----HOOKED LH 09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 Planning 19

Comment

Originally posted by 71Z-28 View Post

This could also be the starting point for 2019.
                              That is what I was thinking Todd. Ending in Detroit next year & starting there in '19 for the 25th. That way everyone & their dog (not just the long haulers) could be there on the first Saturday for the kickoff of the 25th.
                              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

It would be great to run north to south one more time..there a lot of people from the south and east that have not been in a couple of years because we either been there numerous times or sometimes it's just too far.. I hope they can mix it up a little bit

Comment

Working...
                                X