Cities for 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cities for 2018

Howdy all, haven't been around lately and was just wondering if there was any idea as to where it may go. I'm sure it'll have plenty of scenic views of corn fields, but one can dream that maybe, just maybe they'll vary the route away from the Midwest, Keeping fingers crossed and maybe Pumpkin and I will be there next year.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Friend of mine from the Northeast was talking to one of the HRPT guys and he mentioned they had tossed around the idea of going east and UP the coast. Now what does that mean, who knows but he did say it.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

heard the same thing.........going east from BG, then north....whatever that means

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
        heard the same thing.........going east from BG, then north....whatever that means
        East to I75 then north to Detroit

Comment

they might hit Nashville, then east...Chattanooga, then.....North Carolina......then?.........

Comment

Interesting... so maybe east through TN, maybe a stop in Charlotte, then end in Richmond maybe?
            1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
            1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
            1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

It would be nice if they could figure out a way to go west but 2018 would probably would not be the year just because of where we ended this year. (Thought that I would go ahead & put in the mandatory westward whine for everyone)
              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

How about north where it's not so hot. 😓😓 Driving distances and venues out west could be challenging.
                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                  How about north where it's not so hot. 😓😓 Driving distances and venues out west could be challenging.
                  I second that idea. I always liked the older ones where they started in the South and headed North. At the first of the week when you are fresh and excited you can deal with the heat better then head North where the temps start getting reasonable as the week goes by and you start getting worn down.
                  1964 Chevelle
                  Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
                  LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

That's fine too. My favorite of our nine long hauls was 2011. Coco Beach to Detroit. But I have never bought the driving distances & venues argument to going west. Even if they went to a smaller venue people would figure out where to stay & make it work. If you want cooler they could head across the northern states to the Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, etc. As it stands, we keep criss-crossing the same places every couple of years. Friend of mine that I had not seen since May said to me yesterday, "We have been talking for hours now & you haven't said one word about the power tour. Everything go OK? " Enough said.
                    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin View Post
                      Howdy all, haven't been around lately and was just wondering if there was any idea as to where it may go. I'm sure it'll have plenty of scenic views of corn fields, but one can dream that maybe, just maybe they'll vary the route away from the Midwest, Keeping fingers crossed and maybe Pumpkin and I will be there next year.
                      Hey Matt, how the hell are you? It would be great to see you next year but I haven't heard any rumors about where we're going.
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Just don't put it too far out of my reach so I can get out and play next year.
                        HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

I'm voting for Bowling Green to Cocoa Beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Visit my sons blog:
                          www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Bowling Green to Millford Proving Grounds. That is the one stop that I missed and wish they would repeat.
                            1964 Chevelle
                            Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
                            LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                              That was the plan this year. Iowa in June is not normally over 90 degrees. Was still better than Texas!
                              GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Working...
                              X