Woodward Dream Cruise 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
    We are planning on leaving Wednesday morning and arriving late afternoon on Thursday.
    Are you bringing the wagon or the Fairlane?
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
      Are you bringing the wagon or the Fairlane?
      The wagon - I am a little concerned with the new lifters and a loss of about 5lbs oil pressure but "full steam ahead - damn the torpedoes"! I have another set of new "rebuilt" lifters in the car and all the associated gaskets so a WalMart parking lot somewhere could be in the program. We are also planning on dragging our feet a little on the way home and partaking in the Total Eclipse of the Sun on Monday in Tennessee.

Comment

The wagon - I am a little concerned with the new lifters and a loss of about 5lbs oil pressure but "full steam ahead - damn the torpedoes"! I have another set of new "rebuilt" lifters in the car and all the associated gaskets so a WalMart parking lot somewhere could be in the program. We are also planning on dragging our feet a little on the way home and partaking in the Total Eclipse of the Sun on Monday in Tennessee.
        You have torpedos on the wagon now? Why not you have every other power additive on it.
        Last edited by pintoboy77; August 12, 2017, 05:06 PM.
        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

I'm a little concerned with the '69.....last oil change showed very small metal "shards" (tiny) on the magnetic oil pan plug, and some very tiny (very tiny) metal bits on the inside of the oil filter element......not sure if I should drive it or not

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
            I'm a little concerned with the '69.....last oil change showed very small metal "shards" (tiny) on the magnetic oil pan plug, and some very tiny (very tiny) metal bits on the inside of the oil filter element......not sure if I should drive it or not
            You can drive the Chevelle!
            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

If she is questionable there no sense hurting her more especially if you have something else to drive.
              Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

So we should come up with a game plan to meet somewhere for lunch on Friday. Maybe an out of the way place so won't be really busy. Remember the place near 8 mile, don't remember the name of it but we have had breakfast there once and also lunch. Is a place we might all be able to get into without a long wait. Or if anyone else has ideas please share.
                Donna
                Williamston, MI
                Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop View Post
                  ... Remember the place near 8 mile ...
                  Does that mean we need to bring some razor wire to keep the wheels and tires installed?

Comment

IIRC The 8 mile Diner was not too bad....sorry we can't be there....
                    Last edited by silver_bullet; August 13, 2017, 04:25 PM.
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

so where they like very fine metal wiskers? The fact that they are attached to a magnetic drain plug narrows down the type of part that might be failing. Most likely some kind of valve train part giving up. If you were running a no-bypass style oil filter (Jomar or others) it wouldn't concern me as much but if you are losing a cam or other critical valve train part and circulating metal contamination in the oil, it will surely hurt lots of parts before it dies.

Comment

This is the place that we've eaten a couple of times already. Once for breakfast and once for lunch. It was pretty good.

Sam's Ferndale Grill is an independent, family owned and operated restaurant, serving the Metro Detroit Area for over 20 years. Our menu features American, Greek, and breakfast style foods served fresh any time of the day. At Sam's Ferndale Grill our slogan is 'What do you feel like?' because we are comfort food done right!
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Will be in town Th-Sat. Will be racing at Milan on TH with Angry Grandpa, stationed in Pontiac at MSHS's lot (Woodward and Orchard Pike) and will be roaming at some point during the cruise live.
                          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

so where they like very fine metal wiskers? The fact that they are attached to a magnetic drain plug narrows down the type of part that might be failing. Most likely some kind of valve train part giving up. If you were running a no-bypass style oil filter (Jomar or others) it wouldn't concern me as much but if you are losing a cam or other critical valve train part and circulating metal contamination in the oil, it will surely hurt lots of parts before it dies.

very fine whiskers (a few), and some very tiny metal "dots" in the oil filter element.....metal to be sure......saw it after an oil change after the Power Tour.......running a howard's hydraulic roller cam....oil pressure is fine and steady.....had an oil analysis done, company said "oil is fine" (?).....using Brad Penn 20w-50 oil with a high zinc content....also using a K&N filter

Comment

very fine whiskers (a few), and some very tiny metal "dots" in the oil filter element.....metal to be sure......saw it after an oil change after the Power Tour.......running a howard's hydraulic roller cam....oil pressure is fine and steady.....had an oil analysis done, company said "oil is fine" (?).....using Brad Penn 20w-50 oil with a high zinc content....also using a K&N filter
                              Dave - that is a tough one. If there are only a "few" little wiskers then maybe its not an issue. I would feel better using a no-bypass style filter so 100% of the oil went through the filter. Not sure driving it to Woodward is any different than driving it around town for another 3k to check the oil again when it is time to change it.

Comment

If that's all it is and it's not making any abnormal noises I'd say run it. Check it on the next oil change if your oil analysis came back good you don't have a problem. We use them and they tell us everything our motors are doing wrong or what is going wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X