2017 Power Tour Route Prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Power Tour Route Prediction

With not much to do today I thought I would try and figure out next years route. So with road atlas in hand and Map Quest on computer here is my prediction. This is a SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess): Kansas Speedway, Springfield Mo, Madison Ill (Gateway Intl Raceway), Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Chicagoland Speedway, Muskegon MI, Milford MI (GM Proving Grounds). Driving directly to these locations is 1200 miles, so adding some extra miles for back roads this fits. We've been to Gateway Raceway, Indianapolis Speedway, Muskegon and Milford MI before but not in resent years with exception of Gateway.

So there you have it my early prediction. Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Those are some pretty solid predictions Dave and I heard that Muskegon finally paid off powertour so maybe a return is possible. I honestly believe this year's run was the setup to go to Detroit.
    Visit my sons blog:
    www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Dave that is good SWAG. I was hoping for a Omaha(Lincoln), Des Moines, ?, Chicagoland speedway, Muskegon, Detroit area. Anyway made reservations for KC and Detroit today. Both weekends just in case of week change.
      Todd Des Moines IA HRPT 08 Short Haul 4 STOPS ----HOOKED LH 09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 Planning 19

Comment

Pretty close to my guess......I had us going to Ames instead of Springfield.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Muskegon has always been a nice stop. Hopefully it is a north eastern route, and I hope they announce the actual dates and last stop in a reasonable amount of time.

Comment

I predict East.
            Kansas City, Des Moines, St. Louis, Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Charlotte.
            I reserved the right to change these at anytime, it's a woman's prerogative.
            Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
            Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
            Kansas City 2017

Comment

I'm sick of St. Louis - after Muskegon either Traverse City or somewhere in Michigan would be nice.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

I don't know why we don't have a stop in Minneapolis at the fairgrounds. Easily accomodates the annual Back to the 50's event with over 13,000 cars. I hope it goes east and north so it won't be so hot and muggy. Detroit is fine. Brainerd would be good too as there is an NHRA track and they have a road course as well as a large venue. I like Traverse City too but it is so crowded with tourists, lots of traffic and high priced rooms.
                Last edited by moparjim71; June 30, 2016, 03:28 PM.
                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
                  Muskegon has always been a nice stop. Hopefully it is a north eastern route, and I hope they announce the actual dates and last stop in a reasonable amount of time.
                  Yeah, January was a little ridiculous this year...

It would be nice to know the start/end date/locations in a month or two... I don't need the "middle" to make plans.

Originally posted by 1972Behemoth View Post
                  I predict East.
                  Kansas City, Des Moines, St. Louis, Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Charlotte.
                  I reserved the right to change these at anytime, it's a woman's prerogative.
                  I would love this route because it would end less than 2 hours from home, but I think most of those stops have all been used too much too recently for it to be a run to Charlotte again.
                  Last edited by Jesse James 80; June 30, 2016, 08:48 AM.
                  1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                  1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                  1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Here is a guess/hope:

Kansas City, KS
                    Omaha, NE
                    Sioux Falls, SD
                    St, Paul/Minneapolis, MN
                    Madison, WI
                    Crown, Point, IN
                    Detroit, MI

1350 miles by Mapquest

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017.jpg
Views:	1334
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1111801
                    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                    74 Nova Project
                    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                    79 Chevy Truck Project
                    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

[QUOTE=70chevyC-10;n1111778]I'm sick of St. Louis - after Muskegon either Traverse City or somewhere in Michigan would be nice.

I didn't like down town Muskegon. The parking was horrible. The Minnesota Fairgrounds and GM Proving Ground would be great.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

I'm with you fellers!
                        Last edited by mike327; June 30, 2016, 02:34 PM.
                        I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

South Bend worked in 2009 could be stop instead of Muskegon.
                          Todd Des Moines IA HRPT 08 Short Haul 4 STOPS ----HOOKED LH 09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 Planning 19

Comment

Between all 3 purposed routes I think we have next year route narrowed down, now we wait for January to find out for sure. But it sure was fun speculating and I like all 3.
                            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Minnesota Fairgrounds hosts the Car Craft Summer Nats every July. I personally would love for it to go north and then east, as shown above. Makes the return run to Omaha easy as well.
                              Power Tour '16 Long Hauler, '17 Short Haul, West Coast for a few years now...
                              1970 Pontiac GTO 455HO Convertible
                              2005 Cadillac CTS-V, Maggie'd

Comment

Working...
                              X