No announcement yet.

Pintoboy77 multiple projects and chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't see anyone I knew. No Tony, Lucky, etc.. either. Barely made it Sunday before it closed. The rain was so bad I had to get off the road.

Comment

• There is a remaned overdrive transmission on craigslist I am interested in. Guy says it came in a crate with an install kit and a warranty. Comes with converter, cable, carb bracket trans cooler and lines. Rated at 500 hp.

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
        There is a remaned overdrive transmission on craigslist I am interested in. Guy says it came in a crate with an install kit and a warranty. Comes with converter, cable, carb bracket trans cooler and lines. Rated at 500 hp.
        Was going to rent a pickup to go get it but now he says might be willing to deliver it. Motivated seller, said needs the money for something else. Now just have to come up with the money.

Comment

• Stopped hearing from the guy after Thursday phone call. Got the money from bank and texted him Friday, emailed Saturday. Now its almost Wednesday. I did save a bunch of $ by switching to geico. LOL I got the bearing kit for the install of the posi on amazon for $60 thats half what jegs wanted and the same brand/part #.

Comment

• Bummer on the first part great on the second!
            Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Stayed late last night and got the daily drivers cleaned up and Mendys summer wheels on her mustang for her. One more thing done. Have to go to work and rebuild a pump on the oil field they blew apart this week and have to have oil out of tanks on monday to go out to customers.
              Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• I didn't go to the shop this weekend so I will have to fix the pump on Monday l will just have to take my portable pump out to get the oil out. We spent the weekend working on the kitchen we got alot done. We can call for our counter tops on Monday and have them come out and do the measurements and start making the counters tops. Once we get the tops made we can do the back splash and a few little touch ups on paint and trim moldings around doors and floors. Mendy has done a good job on this job she has worked her butt off. She keeps me straight and won't let me half ass anything she says I'm bad for that.

Comment

• Got a coupon for oil change and tire rotation at dodge dealer. I should take it in and see what they say about the fubar lug nuts since they are the ones who did it as far as I know. They can at least take them off and save me the hassle. Piss poor design in the first place. I have some new ones bought but I still need more. Just been using coupons at advance auto. Limited to stock on hand.

Comment

• Hope that works out for you!

Comment

• Car rolled over 100k on PT. Research says timing belt should be changed before 105k along with water pump. I struggled enough with the alternator and belt. It has at least two camshafts. There is a whistle at a certain RPM that could be the water pump.

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
                        Car rolled over 100k on PT. Research says timing belt should be changed before 105k along with water pump. I struggled enough with the alternator and belt. It has at least two camshafts. There is a whistle at a certain RPM that could be the water pump.
                        Called the dealership and asked about it. Said that was about right on mileage. They said they would look at it and see if it needs a belt. By the time its apart far enough to check it, would be kinda dumb not to change it. The cheap ass in me doesn't want to spend $500 but the lazy ass in me doesn't want to do the work. Maybe somewhere else would be cheaper, but its still $150-200 just in parts.

Comment

• If they had to tear it down they would be putting a new belt in it.

Comment

• agreed
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• 80 and sunny, great cruising weather! Patrick, are you going to the CFR Night of Fire? We will be taking the grandsons there and meeting some friends from IL.
                              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Sorry guys, Tammy's having to do the 60 hour workweek now.....otherwise, we'd be there... Maybe next time... really appreciate the heads up tho....
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X