Drag Week Class cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Week Class cars

I am wondering how many class cars have finished every year you have entered with a car that was in drivable and in race able condition. That is to say you could have continued to another track and raced again.
    Please list how many years you have gone , class or classes and car or cars.

I have been 8 years in a row first 5 were with the Cuda and the last 3 were with the Dart, class is SBNA.

Comment

BB/NA in 2011 drove from Nevada, started, finished and drove home with the 1977 Skylark (TheSilverBuick) and was very over joyed.
      BB/NA in 2012 drove from Nevada, started, made it to Day 5, got rained out, had to be at work Monday so DNF on day six, drove home with the 1977 Skylark (TheSilverBuick). Not happy about unscheduled day six.
      BB/NA in 2013 only made it as far as Denver before the clutch set in the car locked up and failed to start. Rental car'd it Doc's house and rode as a passenger.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I guess DD is a class?

This will be my 3rd year in my 360 Chysler powered 68 Barracuda. Both 2012 and 2013 it was in fine shape when the race was over. I have made about 30-50 passes guesstimated since DW13 and the only thing I have done is change the oil. It will get new lifters, springs, locks, and retainers before DW14. I will also mod the heads so I don't have to take them off to get the lifters out.
        1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
        1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Well, I went two yrs, 2012 and 2013. 2012 I made it to Dallas, had broken some parts and no spares so I packed it in, still drove to the uhaul and probably could have continued but better safe than sorry. 2013 I made it and finished 3 in modified N/A and it ran the best the last day and is still together and running great.
          Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
          Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
          Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
          Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Originally posted by 73fish View Post
            I have been 8 years in a row first 5 were with the Cuda and the last 3 were with the Dart, class is SBNA.
            You've had the Dart three years? Wow.... Time flies.
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I have been five times and finished three times. The first fail was catastrophic engine builder fail, the second was my last minute prep and a bad radiator decision. The other three we could have done the whole deal again, knock wood.
              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

2011 - Brought the newly finished Mustang - it had not made a clean pass at a track and would not shift to 3rd under power. I was totally unprepared from a tuning stand point and it showed when the car puked both head gaskets on it's first pass during Sunday's Test-n-tune session. I was feeling totally overwhelmed/exhausted and in spite of having an army of guys willing to dive in and fix it, I put it on the trailer. HR let me switch to DD driving the now infamous Drag Week Durango. Took lots of pics, met lots of great people and have been hooked ever since.

2012 - Brought the Mustang again, only this time things were starting to click. The first pass on TnT day was it's first 10 second pass ever. A 10.94. Jetted up a little, then ran a 10.8x. I was on cloud 9. Seriously considered switching to DD because I was so close to the 10.80 cut off. On Monday, to my surprise, I was sitting in 2nd behind CDMBill! Holy cow! Knowing I had nothing for Bill's 9 second jet car 71 Mustang, I decided to play defense and stay ahead of Frank in the 55 Chevy. Survived the week and finished second in SRBBNA. Completing the (6 day) week was winning, and placing 2nd was the icing on the cake.
                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Drove my 55 well over 1000 miles to Topeka in 11, ran a few seconds behind the fast cars in BB PA, drove home. Towed it to Bowling Green in 13, got second in Gasser, it made some interesting coughing sounds going thru the lights on the last run, which was the quickest the car ever went, 11.19. Hauled it home, drove it around some, pulled the blower off to put on the Chevy II.
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I have been 6 years in a row. 2006 thru 2011. I did not finish in 2006 because of a broken Super T10. I finished the other 5 but ate up a few clutches and a rear end. There were only a couple years that I would have been able to race the next day. This year if everything goes as planned I will be in my Nova with and auto trans.

Comment

2006 Vette, SBNA lost crank pulley and cracked steering rack.
                      2007 Vette, SBNA lost diff on way to event.
                      2008 vette, SBNA finished and went auto-crossing after driving to/from event.
                      2009 Vette, SBNA drove to/from and made 5 road course sessions around dragweek time.
                      2010 Vette SBPA auto crossed and road raced Vette entire year, then drove to/from drag week. Clutch barely made the drive into garage.
                      2011 Vette, SBPA drove to and snapped diff shaft. Crow to the tow rescue home.
                      2012 Turbo truck, SBPA drove to/from and raced 1/8mile afterwards back home.
                      2013 pussed out and hate myself for not going.
                      Last edited by JoeyG; May 17, 2014, 07:22 AM. Reason: smart phones suck at long responses

Comment

2011 gasser finished and drove from topeka back to tulsa, 2012 gasser finished drove the 10 miles back home. 2013 gasser lost a cam/roller lifter ,didnt finish,trailered back to bowling green watched the finals then trailered home.SUCKED!!!

Comment

2012, thrashed for two weeks in order to make check in at Tulsa. Thrown together e-bay junk, wet paint, and old transmission that puked out on first pass. Bought re-built one on Monday and made the trip (no rest and no idea if we would get back to Tulsa) Did not want to use the plastic but so glad we did, got to meet the best bunch of gear heads on the planet and run with Mick & Deb. Time slips were no where near what I wanted, but did make it back and drove it daily until I started preparing for 2013.

2013, drove to Bowling green fighting vapor lock all week long, but we survived with only a couple of belt replacements. Ran a second and half quicker. Was going to drive back, but friends drove to Kentucky to pick us up.

2014, ready to go, just replaced the front tires yesterday.
                          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

I have been 3 years! 2011 street race BB NA.4th place. 2012 street race BB PA 2nd place. 2013 street race BB PA 3rd place. Finished all 3 years with same motor that is in car now and still going and ready for 2014

Comment

2013 was my first year, came home, drove the car to work a handful of times, and on the 2nd time back to the track i finished off the clutch disc that had no business being behind the 427" motor.
                              -Jeff
                              Street car with a 5 speed, 427ci SBF 9.86 at 136mph
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKQ2xpZraU
                              I survived Drag Week 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X