• Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's some funny stuff there
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
      That is a neat trick. I can buy a fiberglass front bumper for far less that the time to make one would cost me. Still have to prep and paint it. Sorta like my half painted hood I suppose.

Fiberglass doors are a whole 'nother set of issues and I've found that having some degree of water resistance and window seal is a good thing to have on Drag Week or in any street driven vehicle that occasionally get out in the wet. That is hard to acheive with glass doors and plexi windows absent liberal use of duct tape when it rains. Same with working wipers, no longer required by the DW rules but nice to have anyway.

My car remains a dual purpose vehicle which sees street miles, True Street events, Drag Week etc. etc. Anything else I build will need to meet the same requirements as that's what I like them to be although lighter would help.

I say build what you like and see what works. I'll admit to keeping the car within the DW SR BB/NA rules as that's what we've been doing as our big event for five out of the last eight years.
      It took me about 2 hours to make the bumper... then I let it sit to cool some then
      trim it ... it looked just like the stock bumper but black

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
        Bill, you've obviously never enjoyed rainy-day motoring in a British roadster with sliding "plexi" side curtains. The rain dripping in helps reduce the "shock factor" of the walk home through the deluge after the Lucas "Prince-of-Darkness" electrics have failed . . . .

No wipers would have been quite a trick on the Thursday night/Friday morning leg of DW '12.
        thought I recognized that picture... the better ones I didn't get were watching those nasty bastards rolling out in the wet

I think I would have enough door bar to be as safe as a steel doore with the brace removed.
        Last edited by Beagle; December 14, 2012, 10:11 PM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

On the wagon, I would save weight. My bumper are 50+ lbs. On the other hand if used my wife's lincoln. Aluminum bumpers are available. I have one for the rear just need to find the front.

Tim
          '71 Buick Sportwagon running project
          '85 Ford Crown Victoria 2 dr. 2nd project
          2015 Harley Street Glide 103ci

Comment

Working...
          X