X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProCharged509
    replied
    Originally posted by 1 fast evo 2 View Post
    When you guys are talkin about back roads , do you mean like 2 lanes thar are 55 mph or like 35 mph?
    Examples of the slowest way to go from A to B...
    If there's interstate available between cities, HOT ROD's required route puts you on the original two lane highway.
    If there's a bypass around a city, HOT ROD's required route puts you on the original "truck route" through the center of town (school zones, stop lights and traffic are inevitable).
    Ever follow a Combine down the two lane for twenty minutes in 95 degree heat? Then finally think you have a chance to pass it and a horse and buggy is coming!
    We usually avearge less than 50 mph on the typical route between tracks.

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    That's also the reason I've kept the stock 20 gallon gas tank with a few mods, and we had gas jugs with us as well. JIC.

Leave a comment:

• MoparBilly
    replied
    Originally posted by 1 fast evo 2 View Post
    When you guys are talkin about back roads , do you mean like 2 lanes thar are 55 mph or like 35 mph?
    That'd be 55 in your car, and 35 or less in a skinny front tired, ladder bar, 50 year old car!

If you even think, "Maybe we should stop for gas here, even though the next town is only 15 miles", stop there, because the next town is going to be wide spot in the road with one 87(or less) pump that's 30 cents higher than the one you skipped!!

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
    I got what I am assuming is a bad tank of gas yesterday as my air fuel went way lean and I had to turn the idle screws out a whole other turn to keep it idling. Made me wonder about that happening on drag week.
    Hopefully it's just a batch of E85 or such mixed into the wrong tank, so even if it leans out at the spark knock resistance goes up. Hopefully... I fill my Buick up with piss 85 octane around here and it seems to do fine on 87 octane at lower elevation, but I'll be giving it 90-93 octane during Drag Week just to be on the safe side.

Leave a comment:

• BlueCuda340
    replied
    Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
    i got some bad gas last year...
    I got what I am assuming is a bad tank of gas yesterday as my air fuel went way lean and I had to turn the idle screws out a whole other turn to keep it idling. Made me wonder about that happening on drag week.

Leave a comment:

• nesabo
    replied
    yep, and through towns that are umm interesting. David hates the highway.
    Last edited by nesabo; April 1, 2012, 06:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 1 fast evo 2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MoparBilly
    replied
    Cousins grew up in the backwoods of Arkansas... If ya break down between Memphis and Tulsa, and you hear "Dueling Banjos"... just sayin'!

In 06 we hit US 30 thru Chicago, and I was thinking, "Please ole girl, don't fail us now!!"

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    They did run us down I-40 from Amarillo to Shamrock last year, but from then on, it was back woodsy!

Leave a comment:

• bulletproof
    replied
    i got some bad gas last year...

Leave a comment:

• Dignlif
    replied
    add to those moments ^^^^ either the leader you're following/ tagging along with gets lost (and everybody agreed they felt they were going the right way) or thinking you're gonna run out of gas on a back road. It's a good thing if you can carry some extra fuel just in case. We ran thru a couple areas last year that the stations didn't have any gas in the 90's octane range so the folks with higher compression and no electronics to adjust were sweatin'.
    Last edited by Dignlif; March 31, 2012, 08:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    Given some of the goat paths and gehttos we've been through before, raw distance isn't the most daunting challenge anyway. I can remember driving in the dark, in the pouring rain, on an umarked two lane road, thorugh the woods, leading about eight cars becuase I had fog lights and could kinda see better than everyone else. Add in the Drag Radials and it was fun!

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    yea, though I drive through the valley of the shadow of emminent catastrophic failure,
    You and about 75% of the other competitors, including myself!

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    yea, though I drive through the valley of the shadow of emminent catastrophic failure, I shall fear no breakage for I have the most awesome co-pilots in the world and a 3500 pound axle trailer with enough parts to rebuild the car.

•The tracks will be open from roughly 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Monday through Thursday and from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Tulsa Raceway Park on Friday, September 14. Schedule adjustments may be made pending unforeseen circumstances.

Somebody did give this a lot of thought.
    Last edited by Beagle; March 31, 2012, 08:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Don't fear the reaper.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X