No announcement yet.

Total mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cell worked ok until I ran it over........
    Team Clueless
    1st Place SB/NA DW12
    2nd Place SB/NA DW11
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
      Maybe having less than optimum compression and a stock fuel tank isn't such a bad thing.... I'm thinking that buying an up to date road atlas and updating the GPS maps version would be good ideas as well.

Anybody else thinking about bringing a CB?

With the out of the way routes you're describing - I imagine cell phone coverage will be marginal at best?
      We stop about every 100 miles and carry 5 gallons of fuel the extra fuel gets dumped in mine alot then refueled at the next stop, the extra fuel in the tank keeps it cooler as it heats going threw the bypass.

Cell phones work, or Hand signals LOL
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
        Anybody else thinking about bringing a CB?
        Most cars are too loud it seems for cells and CB's. That said, I'll have both
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
          We stop about every 100 miles and carry 5 gallons of fuel the extra fuel gets dumped in mine alot then refueled at the next stop, the extra fuel in the tank keeps it cooler as it heats going threw the bypass.

Cell phones work, or Hand signals LOL
          I carried extra fuel..........only ran it dry one time, and had 10gal on the trailer so it was no big deal.
          Team Clueless
          1st Place SB/NA DW12
          2nd Place SB/NA DW11
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
            I carried extra fuel..........only ran it dry one time, and had 10gal on the trailer so it was no big deal.
            Wasn't that one time your ran dry the same one time you ran over your phone?

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
              Wasn't that one time your ran dry the same one time you ran over your phone?
              Yep........ Poor phone......i miss that phone. The POS I got to replace it, I am going to purposely run over this year!!!
              Team Clueless
              1st Place SB/NA DW12
              2nd Place SB/NA DW11
              sigpic

Comment

Ha! At least you combined all your "one times" into "one time"

Comment

We've been using those Radio Shack FM walkie talkies. Not the kids cheapies but decent ones. Use them on Power Tour and rides around the state here at home. Works great. They can use ear buds that work good also. That way you talk to the whole group not just one at a time. About 5 miles max. When Danny's battery's run out it's the best.
                  First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                  Second place SSBBNA 2016
                  Third place SSBBNA 2017
                  Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                  All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                    Most cars are too loud it seems for cells and CB's. That said, I'll have both
                    I can usually hear over the exaust, its the rockford fosgate amplifier cranked to eleven that interferes with my hearing any incoming phone calls
                    HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
                    HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
                    FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

I can't hear anything in my car.........at all........Period!!!
                      Team Clueless
                      1st Place SB/NA DW12
                      2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
                        I can't hear anything in my car.........at all........Period!!!
                        Is that because of the rear end noise?
                        HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
                        HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
                        FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

What did you say? I have a phone holder so I can see it light up to know I have a call.
                          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

NO....that is all fixed now. It might have something to do with 4000-4500 cruise rpms, and the pipes pointed down!!! Man I wasn't thinking when I did that.......

If I ever redo it, I will just dump them out the side like yours.
                            Team Clueless
                            1st Place SB/NA DW12
                            2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                              What did you say? I have a phone holder so I can see it light up to know I have a call.
                              I was setting my phone in my lap, thats how I ran it over. I think someone has a pic of it at the previous checkpoint laying under the phone............Tom caught it that time though......
                              Team Clueless
                              1st Place SB/NA DW12
                              2nd Place SB/NA DW11
                              sigpic

Comment

Didn't I find your phone in the hotel parking lot?

Comment

Working...
                                X