Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the best Turbo 400 to put behind 1400 HP N2O BBF in 3800# car w/GV added on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your insight Jeff. Was looking for opinions as to why one over the other so as to add more knowledge for myself.
    I run stroker BBF's and have used C-6's and PG's depending on weight and street or strip,yup the PG is quicker. The TH400 is a new piece as is the GV for a new combo. Gotta love those Ultrabells!
    Now back to your regular progamming.

Comment

Bill, let me throw in the plug for the Glide + GVOD also. In my Shelby clone I bought the whole ATI setup so I can upgrade to the turbo motor eventually, and it is really a well engineered combination IMO. With the SFI case and bell no blankets are required, and it isn't that heavy, either. It's a nice combination.

Comment

Now you guys keep this quiet, this was going to be our big advantage, so now 5 people know lets keep this to ourselves..... LOL
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by jaybnve View Post
          Bill, let me throw in the plug for the Glide + GVOD also. In my Shelby clone I bought the whole ATI setup so I can upgrade to the turbo motor eventually, and it is really a well engineered combination IMO. With the SFI case and bell no blankets are required, and it isn't that heavy, either. It's a nice combination.
          Jay, when you say the whole ATI setup, do they set up the GV unit as well or did you order teh ATI PG and then the GV and do your own assembly? I'm little surpized you just make one yourself as your fabricating and machining skils know no bounds.

Did you run it with the gear split or just the straight 1-2.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
            Now you guys keep this quiet, this was going to be our big advantage, so now 5 people know lets keep this to ourselves..... LOL
            Sorry to blow the cover off the secret plans for world domination Jeff, but thank you for the soild advice. I promise not to tell anyone else.

I'm going to run some updated simulations and see if I can pick out the sweet spot for trans and rear gear ratios. I don't yet know all the choices and with the progressive N2O I'm in uncharted waters. But, I have a buddy who is pretty competitive in the West Coast 275X class with a BBC and a bunch of progressively applied happy gas so I have some guidance.

I suppose what I really should do is the gutted Fox route but I just can't seem to go there.
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
              Jay, when you say the whole ATI setup, do they set up the GV unit as well or did you order teh ATI PG and then the GV and do your own assembly? I'm little surpized you just make one yourself as your fabricating and machining skils know no bounds.

Did you run it with the gear split or just the straight 1-2.
              I don't know if ATI will set up the overdrive for you; I just ordered the trans separately because I already had the overdrive. I set it up myself; nothing to it, really. I also just ran the straight 1-2 but if I'd had time I would have swapped in a different rear end gear to try running 1-2-OD at the track. It was all I could do to just get there last year, though...

Guess I'd better shut up now, or I'll blow the lid off Jeff's latest speed secret

Comment

I fully understand the last minute thrash and its after effects. I'm still not sure which of us two bailed first that night.

I have a lot of reading left to do.

Comment

Working...
                X