drag week ETs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drag week ETs

i was asked how fast you have to be to be competitive.. after i looked at the stats i was pretty dang surprised...
    gasser was clearly the slowest class..everything else was 10s and faster..DAMN!!!!
    is there a site or archive that shows all the winners and times from the first to last? id like to see how the cars have changed over the years...

I used to have several years in pdf's. I'll check when I get to work tomorrow. ET's.. I just want to run quick enough to need all the safety stuff I have in the car!!
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

This is the first year we may see some class winners go slower as some class leading vehicles get moved up a notch. Gasser could see a killer car as could the new Hot Rod, who knows?

My estimations of average ET for next years winners, your guess will likely be better.

Gasser 10.80

Hot Rod 10.10

Street Race SB/NA 9.90
      Street Race BB/NA 9.70
      Street Race SB/PA 8.80
      Street Race BB/PA 8.70

Super Street SB?NA 9.50
      Super Street BB/NA 9.40
      Super Street PA 8.20

Modified NA 9.20
      Modified PA 7.90

Pro Street NA 8.99
      Pro Street PA 8.50

Unlimited 7.13
      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

When I first went on DW (2009) I went through my HRM issues that featured DW and averaged the et's for the class
        I was interested in.Yes it can be an eye opener! Perhaps try looking back through HR's website.

Comment

gassers going 10:80s ????? dang i hope not... i dont think i can get that much out of mine.... im sure there will be some faster cars this year... either way im looking forward to the adventure....

Comment

SB/NA 9.70s,BB N/A 9.50s Just saying.

Comment

Good tracks could lead to good breakage on faster cars. Well I guess on slower cars too for that matter (mine!).
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                This is the first year we may see some class winners go slower as some class leading vehicles get moved up a notch. Gasser could see a killer car as could the new Hot Rod, who knows?

My estimations of average ET for next years winners, your guess will likely be better.

Gasser 10.80 Will be faster

Hot Rod 10.10 Engine rules I think will be slower

Street Race SB/NA 9.90
                Street Race BB/NA 9.70
                Street Race SB/PA 8.80
                Street Race BB/PA 8.70

Super Street SB?NA 9.50
                Super Street BB/NA 9.40
                Super Street PA 8.20

Modified NA 9.20
                Modified PA 7.90

Pro Street NA 8.99
                Pro Street PA 8.50

Unlimited 7.13
                Whats that Bill? LOL

I think Bill should be close 9.90 in the heat in SBN/A is not going to be a easy feat as a average
                Last edited by JeffMcKC; February 14, 2012, 06:07 AM.
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                  I used to have several years in pdf's. I'll check when I get to work tomorrow. ET's.. I just want to run quick enough to need all the safety stuff I have in the car!!
                  roger that, with an added "I hope it makes it long enough to justify the new tires"
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Not sure if the gaser class will be in the ten's thats fast on a straight axle jacked to the sky and horrible aerodynamics.

Same as for the hot rod class, I beleive no power adders are allowed and very limited on engines.
                    Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                    Drag Week 2011 DD
                    Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                    Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

The Gasser class will not have to have a straight axel and they will have some power to work with

HotRod could be light but will have engine issues
                      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

there are straight axle cars around here running in the 9s...

Comment

That flying
                          Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                          Drag Week 2011 DD
                          Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                          Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

I built a 41 Willys back in 1988, had it for 13 years. It had a big block Chevrolet with a 6-71 blower. It had a straight axle and ran straight and true and the best pass was 9.75 ET @ 140 MPH.

Comment

Working...
                            X