Rules 2012-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
    Given that then the small block Street Race cu/in limit should be 400" and BB 600" to allow for the typical lower cost crate motors with an overbore e.g. a 572 with a refresh, but given the high likelyhood we won't see two Street Race classes then unlimted BB's makes sense or perhaps 650 or as an outer limit.

If there were to be Street Race and Super Street Race then I owuld suggest that street race be limted to stock wheel wells and suspension pickup points wi the leaf spring relocation rule intact. FYI my springs aren't aren't relocated so that rule isn't a Bill Fowler rule. The Bill Fowler rule is no forward progress when you need a tow off the highway dating back to DW '05.
    I like the idea but it would turn to a all Late Model Mustang Class pretty quick for "Made for Drag Week Cars" Light and a Big tire. I like the idea.
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

• That's a blind spot for me as I haven't fooled around with the Fox body cars. I thought they were a bit tire limited dead stock.
      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• Mike Crows new car can have you, me and Houston in the trunk with room for beer and 315's up under the back with no issue from the frame too. Mikes car should be a Class Killer.
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
          Mike Crows new car can have you, me and Houston in the trunk with room for beer and 315's up under the back with no issue from the frame too. Mikes car should be a Class Killer.
          It will be cool not having to pack the back seat to the roof like I did in the Cuda.
          I will be able to bring a real cooler with room to spare.
          As far as a class killer I not sure about that.
          The 400 cid limit would be cool also, what ever the rules we will be there ready for the fun.

Comment

• I just hope to get there and get home in one piece under my own power, the stories will surely last a lifetime.

Have the locations been decided officially yet?

If we're really going to Bandimere - I may reconsider EFI since it's so easy with a 302 - I have the intake and injectors sitting on the shelf, the fuel pump system and computer would be the hardest part.... but there are surely some 302 / 351 powered trucks and vans that got killed in the cash for clunkers scheme I could rob most of that from for pretty cheap.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• John, I have an EEC-IV computer just loafing around......
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• any semblance of a wiring harness? I suppose I could go all nutty and run megasquirt using the typical mustang 5.0 top end which I mostly already have. O2 sensors in the primary pipes wouldn't be bad - already have the bosses.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• If so there isn't much. Might be a few inches of pigtail on the plug, no more than that for sure. Not that you want to hear it, but I distinctively remember scrapping an entire harness from the '86 CadStang.
                  Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• If you want a harness to use with megasquirt, get an 80-90's F150 efi harness, they are bank fire like the MS, instead of sequential.
                    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

• I talked to DF at SEMA. They aren't likely to add classes but they very much want to hear from us regarding specifics. Be sure to comment here and at the HRM site if you want your voice to be heard. No ET limit for Daily driver likely but I suspect a 64 car field could happen if 120 or so DD entries show up next year.

They did slightly better than break even at DW 2011 which helps out the cause. Be sure to buy lots of t-shirts next year.

He knows they need to have the tracks manage staging better and they are looking at run time versus drive time.

No word yet on tracks and route. The closures and rumors of closures makes their job tough too.
                      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• I am glad to hear no min. e.t. in DD, I could be the guy that breaks on tune and test and uses his tow rig some year. Paul and Tommy helped much at Tulsa they Should been on there payroll. I Still think there needs to a place for trait axle convertion vets out ide of unlimited/limited

Comment

Working...
                        X