Bookend disasters..... or Drag Week, Day 6 lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
    Well crap that explains why I never got to see/ check the car out. I'm glad you got your problem fixed for the trip home.

I was having my own issues along the way and thought that's why I didn't see your Mustang along the way. Even with our issues, I still had a blast! I met some new people and got to put faces to some screen names. Overall I was just glad my Uncle and I made it through the whole week with all the new junk under my car. Glad you stopped by in the staging lanes too, hope you can make it back next year.

I made it home about 10:30 last night but I stopped at Summit in Sparks on the way for a few things and have plans to get it running better and fully tested for next year.
    Did you ever figure out the fuel issue you had... I was the one that tried to "help" with the zip ties on the fuel line
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

As always finally meeting people is the best part of Drag Week. I know I was not pleasant to be around Monday night as the alternator/battery/trailer repair dragged into the night and then it was over heating and I had to pull the plug.

Still a great week even though we decided to head back West after Amarillo.

Next Year!
      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
        Did you ever figure out the fuel issue you had... I was the one that tried to "help" with the zip ties on the fuel line
        Hey there, thanks for the suggestion and pulling those things out so quickly to try it. It was a valid idea and I'll probably add some kind of heat shielding on those fuel lines to follow up on that. To answer your question, no I didn't figure out what the problem was. I have a feeling it was a combo of vapor locking from the heat like so many others had and some ignition issues. We replaced the plugs once and that didn't help so I may start tomorrow checking out the plug wires one by one and then look at sending my 6AL box in for a checkup. It was great to meet you and thanks again for trying to help.
        Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
          ^That Avatar is still awesome
          Thanks for the help and backup Randal. It was also cool meeting you and hanging out.
          Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
            As always finally meeting people is the best part of Drag Week. I know I was not pleasant to be around Monday night as the alternator/battery/trailer repair dragged into the night and then it was over heating and I had to pull the plug.

Still a great week even though we decided to head back West after Amarillo.

Next Year!
            Bill - which car were you driving ? The Mustang convertible ?
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
            X