Who's in? Who got shut out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
    #14 on waiting list. Going to be there but it will be up to the numbers as to if I spectate or compete.
    #14 is virtually a guaranteed ticket to the show. Besides, how could it be a Drag Week without the Little Green Express?

Comment

.....if Jesse brings something else
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        .....if Jesse brings something else
        I have heard something faster and even more unusual is in the works....

Comment

I've now got all the parts except the exhaust header to put the engine together. I'm going to finish the cold side plumbing and probably build the full length exhaust system then start on a new set of headers. Need to get new flanges cut for the ported head too.

Not to mention still do the transmission swap, and likely get a second transmission re-built and installed because I certainly do not have a ton of faith in the one I opened up, lol.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by 340Cuda View Post

I have heard something faster and even more unusual is in the works....
            FarmVette? Green Vette Express?

Would like to look into running an ls3 powered Lotus 7 replica. Is that possible? Would we be limited to something like the unlimited class? Alternatively

Cousin FarmBird . . . .

Comment

I'm in,.......but The 41 Pontiac is sold pending a test drive. I accepted a offer I could not refuse. So, I am unsure of what I will bring. I did just get a 1941 glass bodied Willy's coupe that needs everything....
              HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
              DW- 12,16,17
              "Stay thirsty my friends"
              The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Tentative plans are for me to drive Chris McNeeleys 64 chevelle that i was the co-pilot in back in 2016 when we finished 3rd in SRBB Na . he took care of the registration.
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.
                "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I made it.. will be back with Capone for 4th year! SRSBPA!

Comment

I'm in and looking for a far better result than last year. Engine is being gone through and fixed. Some minor upgrades to the car and hopefully some actual testing this year.

Comment

Testing is good! hope you get things sorted out....

My fabulous web page

Comment

Friday the 13thwe took the T-Burd- AKA-Buy Buy Burdy-to Little River drag strip for the first test of this combo for HRDW this year.351w and C-4.
                        Estimates were for a 10.70 off the trailer.First pass the temp sending unit broke,and we watered down the track.Car went 1.40 60 ft.-6.666@100mph 1/8
                        and 10.58@120 1/4.Second pass the car launched and shifted to second by its self,pulled the shifter and the trans shifted to third.Car went 1.39 60 ft
                        6.59@101mph 1/8 and 10.47@124 1/4. Third pass, staged the car on the TB, and launched in second gear.
                        FRIDAY THE 13th strikes again.Because of our schedules it will be a while before we can fix the problem and do more testing.

Comment

I'm 21 on the wait list but cannot make it this year.
                          I have not received the e-mail yet telling me that my wait list spot is open...
                          Oh and nobody's posted on this thread since April 29th.
                          Just wanted to wake it up.

"Hello,

Thanks you for your interest in Hot Rod Drag Week.

Your wait list position is 21.

You will receive an email from this address if your position becomes open. You must respond in 24 hours, or the position will be offered to the next individual.

Thanks,

HRDW"
                          CC Nats 78, 79, 82, 83
                          Finished Drag Week 06, 07, 14, 15, 16
                          All in the same car

Comment

There's not much that can be done to "wake it up."

Bangshift's forum probably no longer has the "reach" to be a place for essential Drag Week discussions or information. Most have either dropped out of social media or migrated to other platforms (where they can limit their discussions to select insiders). And it's doubtful that anything posted here garners much notice by any of the TEN Publishing editors (if it ever did after DF stopped dropping by (last DF post: May 13th, 2012)).

The "glory days" of the Unofficial Hot Rod Drag Week Board . . . if not the forum in general . . . are long past.

There is also the maturity of the Drag Week event. Many of the competitors are seasoned veterans who probably feel no need to post publicly about their annual time trial vacation anymore. Many of them bring the same equipment every year, so there's nothing new to brag about. Most of the advice for how to successfully complete the event has been posted over and over. The rules are stable and not very controversial anymore,so there's not much to discuss there either. Most of the virulent rivalries (to the extent there were any) have dissipated or moved to less moderated social media -- and the instigators have moved on as well . So without any controversy, or need for information, or quest for "status" to drive discussions, there's less impetus to "go social" on a forum.

Drag Week is still a relatively small event. And likely fewer than ten percent of the entrants are participants in this forum. So the numbers just don't add up to much.

Comment

yup.

the secret discussion group on another medium is pretty active.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Just like high school. Stuck out in the parking lot with no invite and no idea where the cool kids are hanging out
                                CC Nats 78, 79, 82, 83
                                Finished Drag Week 06, 07, 14, 15, 16
                                All in the same car

Comment

Working...
                                X